Yasmin pills

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Yasmin pills

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hello!

I managed to get my Yasmin pills refilled and have started taking them. My pills are in a 21-pill pack and contains ethinyl estradiol (0.03mg) and drospirenone(3mg) I assume that each pill contains the same amount and it doesn’t matter which pill from the pack I start taking first?

Reason why I asked was because I noticed on the patient information leaflet it says to take the pill from the pack marked on the correct day of the week and follow the arrow directions. So eg if you are starting on Wednesday, take the pill in the pack where it says Wednesday.

Does that matter at all? I have been taking the pills for the past 6 months and have been always taking the first pill from the left/right when I start. I have not taken the pills as per the days marked on the pack.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Yasmin pills

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho90,

I would suggest continuing to take the pills as you have; starting with the first and moving from there. The weekday recommendation is likely a way to help some people remember whether they've taken a pill for a given day, but if that's not an issue you usually have, I would just start with the first pill in the pack.
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Thank you.

I have stopped the pill for about 3 months and have gotten back on the pill recently. First pill was on 8 July and today is the 4th pill free day. I have been spotting quite a bit since the first pill and I understand it’s a side effect of the pill. The spotting used to go away after the first month of taking the pills and I am wondering if it will be the same this time? Also, I am supposed to be getting my withdrawal bleed this week, but I can’t tell if I am spotting or if I am having an actual withdrawal bleed? The blood seems to be dark brown and not like bright red period blood. Also because I have been spotting quite a bit, I’m not sure I can tell the difference? Today the spotting seems to be a bit more than the previous days. But still, how to tell? I do have the cramps associated with a normal period and it has been going on for quite a while already.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

As we've covered before, your body and cycle can experience a little variation, even when on the pill, and that can include things like spotting or your withdrawal bleed (although, if you're bleeding on the placebo or pill free days, it's safe to assume that is your withdrawal bleed). So, I think it might be helpful to use the next little while to focus on that underlying anxiety that is causing you to still feel so nervous, or like you need to constantly monitor the side effects of your pill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic