unwanted sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
locoforlove
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

unwanted sex

Unread post by locoforlove »

i need help. when i texted the sexual assult crisis textline thing they gave me this link. how long should i wait before i can take a pregnancy test and it be accurate? how can i make a doctors aooointment without my parents knowing? i’m under 18 i can’t do
this alone, but i can’t tell anyone either.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: unwanted sex

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi locoforlove,

I'm so sorry you're feeling so alone right now. We'll do our best to help you out and hopefully connect you to what you need. Given your title and the description, it sounds like you've gone through something bad, so if you need space to talk about that and get support, that's absolutely something we can do.

With the pregnancy test, it depends on the test you buy and how sensitive it is, since different tests can pick up different amounts of hCG. Do you think you can access a test pretty easily?

As far as the doctor goes, I would start by figuring out what clinics or providers are in your area, and what your insurance situation is (if you have it). This article actually runs through things to do to locate and schedule the appointment and make sure you have what you need when you go to it: Dealing With Doctors: Taking Control of Your Health Care Destiny. Do you have some measure of privacy at home so you can make phone calls without your parents hearing? And is there a particular reason you're worried about them finding out?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic