Sexually frustrated

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dsd23969
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He him
Sexual identity: Straight

Sexually frustrated

Unread post by Dsd23969 »

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 2 and a half years now and we’ve only had sex a handful of times. The last time was 6 months or so ago because she wanted time to focus on school without fear of being pregnant. She said we could start again last week but it’s impossible because our houses are both always occupied due to quarantine and car/tent sex is too “trashy for her. I’m starting to feel mentally unstable due to the false hope.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Sexually frustrated

Unread post by Heather »

Hi again.

So, it's sounded in all three of your posts over the last year like your girlfriend has been pretty clear she really doesn't *want* to be sexual. She's communicated that she feels very scared of pregnancy, she's communicated that she doesn't feel ready. I strongly suspect that the sex you have had has probably been sex she has had because she hasn't really felt like she has a choice, which is obviously not a good thing for either of you.

The two posts before this I've tried to open conversations with you about her just not sounding like this is something she wants or feels comfortable with, but you've let them just drop off instead of engaging with them. How about we try and have that conversation?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic