Masurbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lilac butterfly
Awesomeness Quotient: Im always kind
Primary language: English and turkish
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Masurbation

Unread post by Lilac butterfly »

Hii. I wanted to ask that does having sex for the first time hurts bc of the size of the penis? If it is then for girls whose have vaginal masturbation, can it be painless to have sex? Because I hear it a lot that first time really hurts and I wonder if they've never masturbate before? Or does it hurt bc lack of lubricant not the size of the penis?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Masurbation

Unread post by Heather »

So, if by sex you mean penis-in-vagina intercourse, it actually isn't supposed to hurt, not the first time, not any time.

When it does, it's usually because of any or all of the following (some of which you're already on to):
• a partner is too rough or aggressive
• people are having intercourse before the person with the vagina is very turned on, usually from other activities first, like a lot of making out, oral sex or playing with a sex toy
• people aren't using any or enough lubricant
• the person with the vagina is scared or nervous instead of relaxed, excited and happy
• the person with the vagina is expecting pain (with sex like anything else, if we expect something to hurt, it more often will)
• it doesn't feel good and the person with the vagina doesn't say anything
• the person with the vagina doesn't know what feels good for them -- like what they know from masturbation -- to tell their partner

It's not usually about penis size, because the vagina is very elastic. Any or all of those things up there can make it less so, but when there's pain, it's usually about those things, not penis size.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Lilac butterfly

Thank you for answering :) this made it so clear for me now to understand.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Happy to help! Like I said, it does sound like you already had a feeling it was more like this, though. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Oh, by the way! I don't know if you already know her and her work or not, but you have a WONDERFUL sex educator in Turkey -- Rayka Kumru. Her site is here (https://www.raykakumru.com/), including her YouTube channel, if you aren't already aware of her!
Lilac butterfly

I didnt know her but Im glad to hear. Im going to search about her now!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic