I'm 14 (male) and I want to crossdress but I'm afraid to tell my parents.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Udontknkwme
Awesomeness Quotient: creativity
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: Confused

I'm 14 (male) and I want to crossdress but I'm afraid to tell my parents.

Unread post by Udontknkwme »

I'm 14 (male), I want to crossdress but my parents are very christian and I am very scared of how they'd react if I told them. My dad is less of a religous fanatic than my mom (he's religous too don't get me wrong). Any advice would be very appreciated.
Note: I do not identify as nor do I think I am transgender. I am completely comfortable being a guy, I just want to dress more "femininely"
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: I'm 14 (male) and I want to crossdress but I'm afraid to tell my parents.

Unread post by Mo »

I can understand you wanting to avoid conflict with your parents over this. Is there a reason you feel like you would want to talk to them about it? If it's something you'd rather be private about, there certainly isn't anything wrong with that.
Do you feel like you have enough privacy in your home that you'd be able to acquire and store clothing that you could at least wear privately in your room? I realize that with a lot of social distancing restrictions in place due to covid-19, it's harder to get out and do shopping on your own than it normally would be, so even if you do have reasonable privacy it may not be easy to pursue this right away, if you don't already have clothing on hand.
Udontknkwme
Awesomeness Quotient: creativity
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: Confused

Unread post by Udontknkwme »

Hello, talking to them would just make easier (if they're accepting of it). Them getting me clothes now would make it so crossdressing isn't just eating at the back of my brain for so long although waiting till I can get a part time job (probably around the same time I get my drivers license) would also be easy aswell. They both have benefits and downsides. If I wait till I have the ability to buy clothes secretly my parents won't ever have to know about it but telling them now (again if they're accepting of it) would relieve me of the constant thought at the back of my brain.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Do you have any expectations about how this might go? If not, how do you feel about testing the waters by bringing this topic up in a less vulnerable way first, like by talking about someone else who crossdresses?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic