Advice for safe sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
john
not a newbie
Pronouns: he

Advice for safe sex

Unread post by john »

Hello,

I have a question.

Recently, I ejaculated on my GFs stomach. I did not want to use tissue to wipe the ejaculate because of the smell that it would leave in the bin. So, I asked her to wash them in the shower.

Now, my question is, is this safe? Could the sperm have been transferred to her vagina when they were washed down the stomach? Was there any risk of pregnancy in this scenario? What do you recommend?

Note:
1. She was standing when cleaning herself in the shower
2. I thought of flushing the tissue down the closet but I didn't want to risk clogging the toilet. So, I didn't use tissue

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Advice for safe sex

Unread post by Mo »

This is not a scenario that can create a pregnancy. Just as a refresher, here's our quick rundown of what can and can't cause a pregnancy: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
I know we've discussed what can and can't cause pregnancy with you in the past, and that you've had some pretty intense anxiety around pregnancy even in situations where it isn't possible. How has your anxiety about pregnancy been, lately?

Just so you know, having ejaculate on a tissue wouldn't make it more likely to clog a toilet than the tissue itself so as long as you're able to flush some tissue, that would be a perfectly fine way to clean up if you didn't want to have the tissue lying around in the bin.
john
not a newbie

Unread post by john »

Hello Mo,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding my anxiety about pregnancy, it's much much better ever since I found this site. As you can see, my last post is over a year ago, that indicates that I haven't had some pregnancy anxiety for a long time. FYI, I haven't relied on any other website/source for sex education reference.

It's just that this is the very first time that I directly ejaculated on her naked body (I've always ejaculated on cloth before). So, I wanted to be sure whether it's safe to do it again in the future.

Thanks for providing this link http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... _from_that. Actually, I've read this page countless times. Whenever I have pregnancy anxiety, I'd just visit this page for 'assurance' and everythung would be find after. This time however, I have a hard time knowing which category does this specific scenario fall into, hence, this post. Would you kindly clarify?

Also, thank you for the information regarding tissue and toilet.

Thank you for everything Mo.
john
not a newbie

Unread post by john »

john wrote:Hello Mo,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding my anxiety about pregnancy, it's much much better ever since I found this site. As you can see, my last post is over a year ago, that indicates that I haven't had some extreme pregnancy anxiety for a long time. FYI, I haven't relied on any other website/source for sex education reference.

It's just that this is the very first time that I directly ejaculated on her naked body (I've always ejaculated on cloth before). So, I wanted to be sure whether it's safe to do it again in the future.

Thanks for providing this link http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... _from_that. Actually, I've read this page countless times. Whenever I have pregnancy anxiety, I'd just visit this page for 'assurance' and everything would be fine after. This time however, I have a hard time knowing which category does this specific scenario fall into, hence, this post.

My initial guess was that technically, this scenario is on the same level as 'Manual Sex (fingering with cum)', because both involve Indirect transfer.
- Manual sex: Sperm to vagina via finger
- This scenario: Sperm to vagina via water stream (sounds weird)

Am I making sense? Would you kindly clarify?

Also, thank you for the information regarding tissue and toilet.

Thank you for everything Mo.
john
not a newbie

Unread post by john »

Please refer to the post above this. It is the latest as I made some edit. Sorry it was in quote.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Mo »

One thing that may be helpful to keep in mind is that if we don't discuss a particular scenario in that article, you can know that it doesn't pose a risk; we obviously want to list everything that does pose a risk of pregnancy, but there's an infinite number of things that do not, and we can't list them all. Does that make sense?
The situation in the shower that you're describing poses the same pregnancy risk level as manual sex; in other words, it is not a way pregnancy can happen.
john
not a newbie

Unread post by john »

Got it!

Thank you for clarifying.
You can close this thread now.

Thanks really, you guys always know how to help me with my anxiety!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Mo »

You're very welcome! Happy to help. :)
George914
not a newbie
Pronouns: He/Him

Unread post by George914 »

Hi guys I know this is old but I was hoping Mo could clarify the thought process for why this isn't a pregnancy risk? Not asking for anxiety reasons, I would just like to participate in this activity more often and want to full understand the logic of why this activity is safe before I do so. I've asked in other places but didn't really get any help on walking me through their thinking. I'm not sure how showering works for women but does water/soap or anything on their body not go inside their vaginas when they rinse off in the shower?
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hi Adam224 -- because your question is so similar to your own thread, I'm going to ask that we continue this conversation there instead of here so that we don't have two separate conversations going about the same thing with you. A reply to that thread is forthcoming.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic