Page 1 of 1


Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:37 am
by gregmcneil
im 18 now and my foreskin still does not retract around the glands. it is tight and is not possible go over the head when either flaccid or erect. it is not painful or irritable or anything like that unless you try to pull back too hard past the point is will stretch. after some quick research online i came across two possible conclusion: "phimosis" or "frenulum breve". i wanted to ask when and or if it is best to go to my doctor and also what to expect. what kind of exam will they do, has anyone had similar experiences, what are treatment options. just a general discussion or information would be helpful.

Re: Foreskin

Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:49 am
by Sam W
Hi Greg,

So, medically speaking, phimosis just means having a very tight foreskin, which could be what's happening here. While many people's foreskins are able to retract, some people's foreskins are just really tighter in general; they might not retract below the head of the penis at all even once the person reaches adulthood. Some people with phimosis do just fine without any medical intervention. Some people might experience some discomfort at times, and for others, it may be very painful.

Given all that, and the fact it doesn't sound like this is causing you much--if any--discomfort, when or if to ask a healthcare provider about this is up to you. If you do decide to ask them, this article has a good overview of what to expect from the experience: A Foreskin Foray: Questions, Concerns, & Clarifications