Heather Update

Site or organizational updates, like new content, tools or services, activist alerts, news or other Scarleteen-related information.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Heather Update

Unread post by Heather »

Hey, everyone.

I'm so sorry to have just gone dark all of last week, but my mother had a very bad fall while visiting me from across the country, with very severe injuries as a result, and I have been with her in the ICU, and now rehab, almost the whole time. Her recovery looks to be a long haul, and could take weeks or even months.

That given, since I'm the only person here in Chicago who can be the primary point person for her care team and caregiver for things they can't provide, my ability to engage with our direct services is going to be erratic. I apologize for any waits when you want to talk expressly to me, and for anything I might have to jump out of quickly or without warning. Per usual, the rest of our team is still here for you, and my current situation won't have any bearing on the service you get through them.

I thank you for your patience with me and my new normal in advance!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Andy
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Heather Update

Unread post by Andy »

(I don't know if you'll see this and if it's appropriate and okay to reply here so I apologize in advance if not)

I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry this has happend, it must be incredibly hard and stressful. I hope you mom has as smooth recovery as possible. And that you, other people and other circumstances give you all the time, space, love and everything else you need <3
Cnon
not a newbie

Re: Heather Update

Unread post by Cnon »

My best to you and your Mom for a speedy and good recovery!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic