My Boyfriend is staying at my old school

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
solareclipse94
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Pansexual
Location: in a house, on a road, in a town, in a state, in a country, on Earth

Re: My Boyfriend is staying at my old school

Unread post by solareclipse94 »

I actually do feel good about continuing the long distance relationship. But I did just get some terrible news from him. He just told me that his family's dog attacked them last night and they had to go to the hospital and get stitches.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Oh my goodness, that's a scary piece of information to get! Fingers crossed that everyone ends up being okay (or as okay as you can be in those circumstances).
solareclipse94
not a newbie

Yep. I just wish I could be there with him to comfort him. But quarantine is going longer. Which also prolongs me getting my braces off.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

That sounds doubly frustrating. :( It really is a bummer how the pandemic is delaying all sorts of important things right now.
I hope you're able to comfort your boyfriend from afar and that he's doing okay.
solareclipse94
not a newbie

Mo wrote:That sounds doubly frustrating. :( It really is a bummer how the pandemic is delaying all sorts of important things right now.
I hope you're able to comfort your boyfriend from afar and that he's doing okay.
Yeah. I know I can comfort him from afar. Because yesterday he and I were talking and I brought up my traumatic experience. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YXa ... sp=sharing this is the document with it) And after that he said "Thanks [my real name], I know we can both go through this together."
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Unread post by Alice M »

I'm glad you're finding that you can comfort him from afar. Just to chime in -- the pandemic is making so many things so incredibly difficult, including feeling helpless when our loved ones are far away and we can't help. Sharing traumatic experiences can definitely strengthen relationship bonds and I'm glad you're able to relate to each other in this way.
solareclipse94
not a newbie

Thanks, Alice. He really needs support right now just like I needed support when I was healing from my broken leg
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.

Unread post by Karyn »

Absolutely. And as Alice said, supporting each other through difficult experiences can be something that really strengthens a relationship: it's great that you're able to give each other that support even though you're not in the same place.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
solareclipse94
not a newbie

Thanks Karyn. He just got his stitches out on Monday and then my dog got into a fight with our neighbor's dog who happens to be part pit bull and I ran out there (without shoes) as soon as I heard both of my dogs barking. And now my foot is bruised. My boyfriend said
Why do you always get hurt? Lol I guess we are both accident prone
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Amanda F »

oh no, more injuries! I hope your foot is okay and that your dogs are okay too. Glad your boyfriend got his stitches out!

solareclipse94, it sounds like you've been caring for your partner lately. You deserve support, too. How can we best support YOU going forward?
solareclipse94
not a newbie

I mean he also supports me. When I was healing from my broken femur last year, he helped me get to my classes even if it made him late. I mean he and I weren't dating then. But still
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm glad he's supporting you right back!

Are there things we can do here to support you right now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic