I don't enjoy life

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
IAmScared
not a newbie
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I don't enjoy life

Unread post by IAmScared »

I am miserable. I have psychosis and am paranoid. I have borderline personality disorder. I hate anorgasmia. Everything makes me unhappy or angry. I burned my hand with a lighter couple of days ago. I hate taking pills. I hate that I can't be normal - have a boyfriend,friends,family,job. I hate my fetish because I feel so guilty about it. And disgusting. I like doing certain things but I don't anymore because people think it's weird. I wanna be normal. I am constantly in and out of mental hospital because of psychosis and depression. I wish I was never born. What would you do in my place?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I don't enjoy life

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi IAmScared,

Those sound like some really intense, difficult feelings to be dealing with and I'm sorry you're experiencing them. As I've mentioned before we're not able offer mental healthcare, which it sounds like is what you need. If you haven't already done so, I would bring up the resurgence of these feelings with your therapist and ask them to help you make a safety plan.

If you're feeling the urge to hurt yourself, the most sound advice I can give you is to go to an emergency room and explain the situation to them. That way you can keep yourself safe and hopefully get some additional support and care.

Going forward, my ask is that you not make posts that are basically expressing suicidal ideation. Suicidal ideation is something that is far, far outside of our remit. When you post about it, we can do very little to help with the situation because if you are seriously at risk, calling emergency services and suicide hotlines are the correct course of action. If it's more you're musing on suicide in front of us, that puts us under a lot of pressure which make our jobs harder, and it also might be a cue for folks reading it who have their own traumatic histories around that topic (I don't say that to guilt you, but more to explain why we set this limit).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic