Scared My Drink Spiked

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
Herstory
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Scientist and Artist at work
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Scared My Drink Spiked

Unread post by Herstory »

Hello! So last night, my friend and I went to a bar to just chill and unwind for the week. We both had 3 cocktails and two shots, which is lower than I normally even drink, and I started to blackout, pass out, and throw up instantly. My friend is the same height, same weight as me and she didn’t experience any of these symptoms and had to help me get home because I kept passing out. I didn’t remember a thing about how I got back to her dorm. I woke up confused and disoriented. I had never ever been that drunk in my life, much less with three cocktail and 2 shots. In the morning, I was just disoriented and the world was spinning, but with no headache like I usually experience with hangovers. I have a tad suspicion that one of my drinks was spiked but I don’t know.

My friend said I was just drunk, but what I experienced last night I feel was more than just me being drunk. This was the first time in many many months that I drank and when I did drink before, I have never gotten in that state. For example, I once drank 3 cocktails, a glass of wine, and 4 shots and STILL didn’t experience what I did last night. Plus, my friend had the same to drink and she didn’t pass out or anything like I did. How can I find out if my drink really was spiked? Is this all in my head? Was it really just the drinks?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Scared My Drink Spiked

Unread post by Heather »

It's really hard to say, including because your usual tolerance aside, that is actually a good deal of alcohol to have in one sitting. Just because it doesn't usually hit you like that doesn't mean it won't or can't ever, and things like seasonal illness, elevated stress, sleep deprivation and other things can often change how alcohol and other substances impact us.

It doesn't sound like anything happened beyond you feeling intoxicated (you're not reporting anything like attempted assault, in other words), but in the event you want to know for sure, though, you can see a healthcare provider and ask them for a tox screen.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Herstory
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Scientist and Artist at work
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Scared My Drink Spiked

Unread post by Herstory »

Luckily my friend was there and she helped me through out the whole night. But we both noticed a guy that kept following us around in the bar which was a little concerning and we both didn’t feel safe so we left, but in the car ride back to her dorm I started to pass out. Nothing bad happened though, except that I kept passing out. I don’t remember anything that happened after we left the bar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic