Share Your Pregnancy Scare Experiences & Advice

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
batman5808
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Share Your Pregnancy Scare Experiences & Advice

Unread post by batman5808 »

Hi ladies!

Here I am sharing my story long after the beginning of this thread because I am happy that I am not alone, and talking about what happened and is happening to me is therapeutic.

So I am the prime, living example of abnormalities. Earlier in the year I regretfully had unprotected sex with a guy that I really shouldn't have. We did not use condoms and I was not on birth control, we relied on just the pull-out method. There were 3 huge mistakes that I committed that night:

1. Although when he came, he came outside of me, I regretfully let him penetrate me again after he came. There can still be active sperm in precum especially minutes after ejaculation.

2. I had sex around ovulation time

3. I waited 20 hours to take Plan B

I started feeling pregnancy symptoms but my nerves were calmed because I got my "period" at the scheduled time it was supposed to. I put "period" in quotes because I found out later that it wasn't my period, which I found strange because it was the same length, consistency, feeling, and color as my regular period. What made me realize that something was definitely wrong was the fact that 5 days after my "period" ended, I got a rectal cramp and I started bleeding vaginally. I took a pregnancy test: big fat positive. In disbelief I went quickly to my doctor and there he said the same: big fat positive. I freaked out. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't talk to the guy I had sex with, I couldn't talk to my parents, I felt so alone. If it wasn't for my best friend at the time, I don't know what I would have done.

Turns out this pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy, which meant that the fertilized egg implanted somewhere other than my uterus, in this case in my fallopian tube. These types of pregnancies are never viable, they will never come to term because it endangers the life of the mother. I was doing the appropriate treatments alone so that my parents wouldn't get involved and although I was responding nicely to the treatment, I still ended up requiring surgery because of a tubal rupture which caused internal bleeding. In other words, I lost one fallopian tube.

Fast forward to months after the procedure, everything is fine and I have physically recovered fully. I don't think I can ever mentally recover from this traumatizing experience. Currently I am in a relationship with my loving boyfriend (not the same guy as before). Within any loving relationship, sex can be a beautiful thing. You can best bet that I am fully taking every precaution imaginable to avoid any other mishap. And my boyfriend knows about this and he is willing to do anything to ease my nerves and to make sure I am ok. I am currently on birth control, and if we do decide to have sex it is always with a condom, and he never ejaculates anywhere near me. We recently had sex about 15 days ago and I am starting to experience some pregnancy symptoms. I know that logic and the odds of this situation happening again are very low, especially given all of the precautions that we are taking. I also know that the symptoms I am experiencing could very well be side effects of the birth control I am taking. But I can't help feeling scared about going through all of this all over again. And like previous comments before me have said, the internet is your enemy during this time because EVERYTHING can be a symptom apparently. I guess it's just a matter of relaxing because of the simple fact that anxiety and worrying can make things worse and get you nowhere.
kaylalynn
Awesomeness Quotient: blue eyes
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by kaylalynn »

Pregnancy scares have been a big part of my life for the past three months or so. You see, I've had issues with mental and physical health my whole life. From a mental aspect, I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. From a physical aspect, we don't know for sure.
A lot of my more recent issues (well, if you consider the past year or so recent) revolve around severe widespread joint pain. I'm seeing a rhumetologist currently, but my doctor is stumped so far. All my blood work is normal, so that doesnt help rule anything out. But we did find something on my most recent MRI.
So, a bit of background. I started getting my period when I was 12. It was pretty normal up until I hit fifteen. At that point, it started coming a couple weeks early. It would come every 2 weeks for a while, then every 3 weeks, then it evened itself out back to every 4 weeks (give or take a few days early or late). It stayed fairly normal until September, which was the start of my senior year in high school.
High school brings about a lot of stress, especially senior year. Juggling AP classes, hobbies, doctors appointments, and applying to college isn't the easiest thing. But I am also sexually active. Me and my boyfriend are monogamous, always use condoms for vaginal sex (sometimes we do anal and oral without condoms), and we always make sure the condom was intact when we're done.
So I was stressed for a while, and come September my period was a couple days late. I started freaking out. I didn't have my drivers license at the time, so I couldn't drive myself to get a pregnancy test, and I didn't know what to do. I convinced myself I was pregnant. I had a bunch of early symptoms like tender breasts, frequent urination, and stuff like that. I was constantly googling things, and the more I googled, the worse I got in terms of symptoms as well as anxiety. Eventually one of my friends took me to the store and I was able to purchase a few tests. I did 2 the first day and they were both negative. I was relieved, but it said they were most accurate 7 days after missed period, and it had only been around 5 for me. So, I started freaking out again. I waited until 6 days and took another test, in the morning this time. It was negative and I calmed down for the time being. The next day, I had school, and I was freaking out in school thinking I took the rest too early. I told myself I'd take another test once I got home, but I didn't have to. My period came.
So then the next month came, my period was late again, and I was back to flipping out. This time my fear was just about 100% irrational, as I swore off sex until we got this stuff sorted out. This wasn't too difficult because my boyfriend was at college 2 hours away most of the time and only came back once every couple of months. When he came back, he wasn't completely happy with the fact that we weren't having sex, but he understood why and respected my decision. So, I was freaking out, and he suggested that I take the other test. He reassured me that there was no way that I could be pregnant, but taking another test could ease my fears, as the hormone would definitely be built up enough to see on a test by now. So I did, a week after my 2nd late period, and of course it was negative. This fact kept me content for a while, but there was still that imaginary little devil on my shoulder that I named anxiety that would randomly say stuff like "What if those tests were wrong, and you took a test now and it's positive?" So I took 3 more tests that week, all on different days, and they were all negative. Sure enough, my period shows up, only two weeks late this time.
So like I said, my most recent MRI may have revealed the cause of some of my issues. Not with the joint pain though, but with my periods.
So I got a pelvic MRI. My rhumetologist wanted to see how my hips were doing, as they'd been the worst affected by my mystery condition. They found some stuff like fluid in the joint, possible damage, a benign tumor on my femur... oh, and a possible ruptured ovarian cyst.
I was so relieved to hear about this little cyst thing. It could mean that in fact, I wasn't pregnant (even though everyone already knows this and at this point I'm paranoid for absolutely no reason) and that this was a fixable cause for my period troubles. So my mom made a gyno appointment to get that all checked out, and hallelujah I was finally in the clear. Plus, they'd probably be able to see if I had a fetus growing in my stomach, so there'd be absolutely nothing to worry about.
Well, waiting for that appointment was hell. I convinced myself that I still could've been pregnant. I told myself, "What if that cyst they saw was actually a fetus growing?" and a bunch of stuff like that. Then I realized how much of an idiot I was being, because the fetus grows in the uterus, not the ovary. I calmed down a little after that bit.
So the day of my first gynecologist appointment finally came, and I was so nervous. I wanted to talk to the doctor about my pregnancy issues but I was also afraid to ask my mom to leave the room. But the doctor did it for me, so that part was covered. The doctor was so nice. We talked about all of my issues and fears about pregnancy. She explained to me that I had nothing to worry about, and irregular periods, even if they seemingly come out of random, aren't a cause for concern and they're extremely normal for someone my age. She also said that if I was pregnant, the radiologist most likely would have made a comment about some type of fluid build up in my uterus. So now, they're gonna give me an ultrasound to check on the cyst in a couple of weeks, but I shouldn't have anything to worry about in the name of pregnancy. On top of this, I'm supposed to start hormonal birth control the Sunday after my next period to help regulate them as well as to ease my mind.
I wish it ended there, but it doesn't. My boyfriend was in town for Thanksgiving break this past week. We didn't have vaginal or anal sex, but we did fool around a bit. We did different stuff, like oral and fingering and stuff like that. He wiped his hand off if there was any semen on it before he fingered me, and he says he didn't even use the same hand, so I have no reason to believe that I might be pregnant right now. But, my period was supposed to come today. I probably wouldn't be freaking out if I hadn't thought that it started. But, in school, I noticed some spotting throughout the day. It has stopped as of now, but I'm terrified and back to thinking I may be pregnant. I keep thinking that it was implantation bleeding causing this spotting, so I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I know I should be fine, but I'm still scared. I'm gonna wait about a week, and if no period I'm gonna take another test. It's just terrifying though, especially since I thought I was experiencing PMS symptoms all week. I got the tender boobs, the headaches and nausea, and the back pain, but no period. Plus there's been a weird metal taste in my mouth since this morning. I'm really scared about all of this, but I just have to calm down. One quote I saw on this website that helps me is something along the lines of "You've experienced all these things before, just not while freaking out like this." That quote really makes me stop and remember that anxiety can play a huge role in the manifestation of physical symptoms. I know everything should be okay and I have nothing to worry about, but I'm just at a bit of a loss. I think my next step here is to start seeing a therapist again to help me with these issues I've been having.
As for everyone else, this is tough. Everything is going to be okay no matter what though. Keep in mind that sometimes, anxiety can play tricks on you. Breathe, everything will be okay.
FlowerPower
Awesomeness Quotient: Height
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: woman

Unread post by FlowerPower »

I'd like to share my Pregnancy Scare which happened to me a few weeks ago

On Nov 4, 2017 (a day after the last day of my 6 day period)
My boyfriend and I booked a hotel, had sex, went out for a drink, got drunk, went back to our hotel, and had sex again. He always wears a condom however that night we were so drunk that I convinced him to put his dick in me without wearing any condom. He stayed in there for like 5-10 seconds then he wore a condom and we continued to have sex.

The next day I remembered what happened and got scared because I was not on birth control, but he promised me I would not get pregnant cos he did not cum inside.

1 week later
I noticed that my boobs were swollen. I got nervous but then I thought I was just getting fat cos I was eating a lot back then.

2 weeks later
I felt nauseous every single day that I had to eat mint all the time to remove the nausea. I had headaches and felt dizzy a few times a week. My breasts hurt so bad and I fall asleep as soon as I get into bed. I also got really bad constiption which never happened to me cos I always drink lots of water & had a high fiber diet. I searched for the pregnancy symptoms and everything happened to me (tender breasts, nausea, fatigue, headaches, dizziness, constipation). I became even more nervous but I tried to be chill about it and waited until the first day of my period. I did not want to stress myself cos I know stress causes a period to be late.

Dec 1, 2017
I was supposed to get my period this day. I waited the whole day for my period to come but it did not arrive. I started to get really worried cos I had a regular cycle.

Dec 2, 2017
Still no period

Dec 3, 2017
I was too scared to take a pregnancy test so I searched the net on how to induce periods naturally and I saw what food to eat. I bought those foods, consumed them everyday for 7 days, still, no period. I became really scared and nervous so I searched again what to do. I read on scarleteen that a period is considered late if it exceeds 5 days, and mine was already 9 days late. I contacted a girl who sells abortion pills (even tho I was not sure yet if I was pregnant) cos I swear I had all the symptoms and my period was so late I was convinced that I was pregnant. I thought about it for a while and I decided to keep the "baby" cause I didn't want to abort a child. My bf was supportive of whatever my decision was.

Dec 10, 2017
My boyfriend and I finally decided to take a pregnancy test (clinic & drugstore p test). I waited for an hour, went back to the clinic, read the test, and there it was. A negative. The drugstore p test also was a negative and I was so so so happy I cried

Dec 11, 2017
The next day my period finally came!!! I was so happy!!!

Up to now I still don't know why my period was so late. But I swear that was one of the scariest moments of our lives.
ultrapan

Unread post by ultrapan »

Hi Everyone!
I am in the middle of a HUGE pregnancy scare. I had unprotected sex when I was extremely fertile. Though he only put it in me a couple times, he had already ejaculated directly before. I am terrified. I was not able to get Plan B, and I am not eligible for a test for another week!

Like many of you, I have driven myself crazy. I genuinely believe I am experiencing every symptom. I am stressed and can hardly sleep or eat.

Thank God for this site, as this board and similar articles have been the few things that put me at ease. If you have stumbled upon this board in a similar situation to me, (a last half-hearted effort for peace of mind,) then know you ARE NOT alone. If anyone has any advice for me as well, please let me know!

As for advice, make sure you remember you aren’t alone. Trust me, I know how lonely this is. Even if the male counterpart is in your life and at least making an effort to be supportive, it’s so easy to feel alone. Reach out to someone you trust. Eat some food, drink some tea, and treat your self because anxiety causes ALL of the Sam symptoms that those stressful medical websites claim to mean you are pregnant!
lost_smol
Awesomeness Quotient: I am very open minded
Primary language: Spanish
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by lost_smol »

Well i guess i can share this with you and maybe someone can relate to me. I am 23 years old, virgin, have had my pregnancy scares all based on irrational fears in my head. I have severe anxiety.

But well to start No penis has been in my vagina or close because I am awfully scared of getting pregnant (after i tried to be a bad girl and have sex years ago, i had a panic attack so no more sex for me in the mean time). On new year my boyfriend and I were making out and started to some petting over the clothes. Then he got under my clothes and finger me. I was fine there because I know there was nothing there. After a while I gave him a handjob (which i know doesn't get me pregnant) and I told him that we wouldnt go further than this (I was fully clothed all the time and kept my Vagina as far as I could so My anxiety didn't get bad.) I saw precum on him and told him and we were like "ok, we can put your penis away for now" and he put it in his pants again. Mind you he is just as anxious as me so he handled it like it was toxic (to avoid touching precum). Well me we kissed again and he fingered me one last time. After this we stopped and started talking about stuff... no more sexual stuff happened.

My period is not due until friday or saturday (but i am pretty sure it has been altered because i am stressed) but the wait is killing me because I imagine that I could get pregnant even if i haven't had a penis close to my vagina. I have read many articles here that tell me that NO, I CAN'T GET PREGNANT if i haven't had direct contact or genital to genital contact. I have talked to my boyfriend and he has been really supportive, telling me that I have to calm myself and trust my actions. I have really bad anxiety and tend to fall into a depressed state easily. I have read the supportive articles here but i still have the doubt. I read the stories on this post and it really made me feel better because there was even a girl that commented she had what she believe was Implantation bleeding. I can relate and I hope I can keep you all updated about what happens in the next few days.
ultrapan

Unread post by ultrapan »

Hey y’all!
I was the dumb butt who came on here mid-scare after having unprotected sex and not taking plan B! Well I got good news for y’all, I got my period today, and if I am okay, you all better take a breath right now because I promise everything is gonna be fine. Have faith!
zipper327
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by zipper327 »

I just finished a pregnancy scare, I now have 3 negative pregnancy tests and my period has started on time. I'm just gonna do this in a bullet-ish form because that's easiest. Anyway:

The actual sex I was worried about was done using three forms of birth control (the pill, male condom, and withdrawl). I was worried about the pill possibly failing since I had been taking an antibiotic (z-pak) a little under 3 weeks before the sex. My doctor told me I would be protected by my birth control again 7 days after finishing z-pak, and this was over 7 days after finishing. However, I still had anxiety about it. Even with the condom and withdrawl, I still had AWFUL anxiety. I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks after the risk, 2.5 weeks after the risk, and one 3 weeks after the risk. They were all negative, but I still had anxiety until my period arrived. My period arrived perfectly on time. (yeah, I had this whole scare without even missing a period, it was all anxiety).

Here is my advice/comments:
1. Trust pregnancy tests. If you take one 3 weeks after the risk, it will be accurate.
2. Do NOT trust symptoms. Seriously your anxiety is causing them, not a pregnancy. I had cramps, nausea, sore breasts, fatigue, mood swings, I peed more, headaches, you name it. But, I am not pregnant. These symptoms were all in my head. I guarantee most were either caused by anxiety or were normal things I feel every month but I paid attention to because of anxiety.
3. Do NOT trust random people on the internet. Trust sites like this or planned parenthood. Remember also that a lot of people on the internet looking up "am i pregnant?" WANT to be pregnant, and other users will try to give them hope.
4. Consider why a pregnancy is so scary besides, like, duh. For me, it was because I no longer wanted to be involved with the person I was with. The idea of either being stuck with him forever or getting an abortion was so terrifying to me. If this sounds like you, STOP having pregnancy risk sex with someone like this. It's possible. In a weird way, I think this scare was a sign for me to stop our involvement. It may give you something you need.
5. You cannot worry away a pregnancy, and you also can't worry yourself pregnant. When you start seeing those negatives, stop worrying!!!!! you're fine. Calming down will not let you accidentally get pregnant. This seems dumb, but it was something I needed to hear during my scare.

If you had sex with multiple forms of birth control, used correctly, you did not get pregnant. Take a test if you are worried. You can take a test as early as 2 weeks after the risk, and to be extra sure take one 3 weeks after the risk. First response is the most sensitive brand. When it is negative, calm down. You will be okay.
Lola2018
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Lola2018 »

Omg i love this space!!! Reading all your stories makes me feel better and sorta normal ?
I have had pregnancy scares and anxiety ever since my first manual sex ages ago.
Now I can actually enjoy sex p in v. I’m still kinda scared but I’m working on it. Telling myself that I had safer sex (used condom and it didn’t break it also didn’t seem to leak). So it shouldn’t be. A problem there right ?
I’m not sure where all this anxiety comes from.. but I don’t want to miss out on this very special part of my life (sex with a loving partner ).
So I guess I just need to be brave, smart and calmed. At times it comes and goes like waves, that upsets me. But I think I’m getting better each time. Thank you all for existing and having this space.
freaknick
Awesomeness Quotient: my beauty
Pronouns: her
Sexual identity: not really sexual active

Unread post by freaknick »

hello everybody
I recently just got over a pregnancy scare and this site was my comfort during scary moment.
I'm in a distance relationship with my boyfriend and after not seeing for over a year, he finally came to town and we stayed somewhere together, Just the both of us and we had sex like 3 times in 2 days, I did not know if I was fertile at that time because I have irregular periods. I miss a month and then see the other month.., so I was to have my period that month
I waited for like a week but there was nothing.., that was when I started freaking out., I talked to my boyfriend but he assured me that he did not come inside of me.i did not believe him.
The mistake I made was searching the internet because google literally told me I was pregnant.. I had pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts, mild abdominal pains, I peed a lot, mood swings, cravings, etc.
I fell into serious depression because I'm quite young and where I come from having premarital sex is a huge deal. I felt like I'd dissapointed my parents and everything around it and to worsen it all I'm in a private university and if they find out that I am pregnant I'll be expelled from school...,I couldn't leave school too because of the rules in my school.
I couldn't bear with the anxiety.. I cried a lot, I had mood swings and everyone around me couldn't bear with me any longer.
I finally told my supposed best friend but all I got from her was her judging me.,, she was like I shouldn't have done that.,,God does not like that,,I should pray for forgiveness..., I knew all that but that's not what I wanted to hear ..,I just wanted comfort and assurance and so I got mad at her and gave her a piece of my mind...., I cried a lot that night
And then while goggling I came upon this site and it was so helpful...,I figured that talking to someone you trust can really help..., and then I opened up to my really close friend turned sister and she really helped me,told me what to do and so on..,
since we were going on a break in my school, she followed me for a pregnancy test,, longest twenty minutes in my life and it was NEGATIVE!!!
I was so happy and I did my normal events... ,the test month I waited again and I started to freak out when I did not see my period,, I was falling into depression again because I started to doubt the blood test I took.., but then finally yesterday night I got my period and indeed the happiest day of my life,,, I cried happy tears and I have my life all planned out

I hope this helps someone
thank you so much scarleteen
ggarcha

Unread post by ggarcha »

Hey beautiful people,
This site is the best thing that I came across during this pregnancy scare. I just got my period after being 5 days late. I was so scared as me and my bf had sex during the first week of August. I got really sick with Strep throat around my ovulation and later was put on a 10-day antibiotic course. My periods have been pretty regular for a while and I have never been 5 days late. This was the moment for me when my period was late but every day I had cramps and back pain at this point the first thought was oh no I am pregnant! I panicked with every passing day that I did not get my period this scare got worse, I had bloating and I somehow thought that was due to being pregnant as well. I was so stressed could not focus in class or at home or even sleep at night. Finally, I was able to get pregnancy tests after the first missed day I tested came out negative, two days later again negative. At this point from reading other forums, I was freaking out over the possibility of a fake negative showing up. As my period was still a no-show. Literally last night I broke down while showering I just couldn't take the stress of disappointing my parents and letting myself down by not taking any precautions while having sex other than using the "pull- out" method. Finally, I got my PERIOD on the 6th day after so much stress which probably is the reason my period was delayed as my body was going through sickness, medication and then added stress. So ladies relax, track your cycle using apps, observe your body, take a pregnancy test if your period is late and trust the results or get a blood test. I have learned from personal experience internet may seem as your best friend during this confusing and scary time but it is not there is so much mixed information out there that will make the situation worse for you like it did for me. So relax and enjoy life every day.
crybaby144

Unread post by crybaby144 »

Hello ladies, I want to share my pregnancy scare which I am currently experiencing.

So flashback to this past Saturday: my boyfriend and I got a little carried away. We had dried hump like 2 times before but this time was different. I gave him a blowjob and a handjob. After that we dried humped again but Im not sure if he put his penis back inside his pants. I however, had my pants on (and my panties of course) (also there was no penetration) after doing this for approximately an hour, I went back home and had to come up with a lame excuse as to why I was late to my parents. After being scolded I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself because obviously I was wet. However I did not clean my hands before wiping. I checked if my pants were soaked/wet but nothing. The next day I woke up not feeling like myself. I instantly thought I was pregnant. My period was due around that time and I started to freak out, worrying about what if i miss my period plus the way I was feeling was not helping. I finally got my period on Tuesday however I have not been able to get the "What if im pregnant" out of my head. Ive cried all week and havent been able to concentrate well in college or have fun with friends. I think I am "experiencing" what I think are pregnancy symptoms although I have my period and I know there is no way I can be pregnant. However Scarleteen has helped me be calm at times. And after reading all of your experiences i know that Im not alone and that Im just probably freaking out. Dont be afraid everything will be okay for you and for me. Its too early and im too scared to take a prenancy test but I will keep you all updated. Thank you so much for your support.
anonn
Awesomeness Quotient: idk
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by anonn »

Pregnancy scares aren’t something to joke about. i have had a total of 3. my boyfriend and i never used protection which is so stupid, but it happened. we used the pull out method every time we’ve had sex. i just finished going through a scare about five minutes ago, when i finally saw that my period came. every website you search is going to tell you that the pull out method isn’t going to work, and that you’re pregnant and that you can get pregnant at any point during your cycle. listen girls, i freaked out for hours at a time. but science doesn’t lie. YOU NEED to be ovulating in order to get pregnant, everyone ovulates at different times but it’s generally in the middle of your cycle, think like 2 weeks before your next period is supposed to come. even then, couples who actively are TRYING to have a baby only have a 10-25% chance a month. so if you had unprotected sex once or twice you’re probably fine. you will get your period, and you will calm down. i felt myself going crazy and avoiding everyone around me because i didn’t know how to handle myself. it’s a lesson to be learned, the anxiety and fear simply isn’t worth it. i haven’t been late for months and when this month i was, i for sure thought i was pregnant but stress can take a huge toll on your body. it’s hard to calm down, just talk to someone you trust in this time of need and wait for your period. it’s going to come and you are going to be fine.
Last edited by anonn on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonn
Awesomeness Quotient: idk

Unread post by anonn »

anonn wrote:Pregnancy scares aren’t something to joke about. i have had a total of 3. my boyfriend and i never used protection which is so stupid, but it happened. we used the pull out method every time we’ve had sex. i just finished going through a scare about five minutes ago, when i finally saw that my period came. every website you search is going to tell you that the pull out method isn’t going to work, and that you’re pregnant and that you can get pregnant at any point during your cycle. listen girls, i freaked out for hours at a time. but science doesn’t lie. YOU NEED to be ovulating in order to get pregnant, everyone ovulates at different times but it’s generally in the middle of your cycle, think like 2 weeks before your next period is supposed to come. even then, couples who actively are TRYING to have a baby only have a 10-25% chance a month. so if you had unprotected sex once or twice you’re probably fine. you will get your period, and you will calm down. i felt myself going crazy and avoiding everyone around me because i didn’t know how to handle myself. it’s a lesson to be learned, the anxiety and fear simply isn’t worth it. i haven’t been late for months and when this month i was, i for sure thought i was pregnant but stress can take a huge toll on your body. it’s hard to calm down, just talk to someone you trust in this time of need and wait for your period. it’s going to come and you are going to be fine.
Jenna2342
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Unread post by Jenna2342 »

Oh my god this is me right now. I’m a little late to this thread but I was just so inclined to share something before it ruined me. My boyfriend and i have had unprotected sex a few times but he’s very careful and will pull out usually way before he’s even close to ejaculation. We had unprotected last Saturday and nothing got inside me. My breasts began to hurt the day afterwards but I didn’t feel nervous because my period was coming around the end of the week. I’ve kept track of my cycles before and period due dates have fluctuated between 25-30 days. I also had unprotected sex sometime in the last month as well but the timing doesn’t add up because I just feel I would have experienced things sooner. I don’t know. But now it’s sunday and my period hasn’t come yet and my boobs still hurt a decent amount. I’ve delayed my period before due to massive amounts of stress and my periods are usually very regular. But now I’m on that high level of stress again and will think I’m pregnant. It’s just so frustrating because I don’t feel anything except for my sore boobs. No cramps, nausea, frequent urination, spotting, nothing. I’m just so terrified and am praying nothings wrong. I feel absolutely stupid and guilty for my decisions so I just hope I’m so lucky. I also know when I’m ovulating due to my discharge and have had unprotected sex in a “safe window frame”. Like I’ve had it after my ovulation ended or when I’m pretty close to my period or after when fertility/ovulation is not present. Ugh Jesus Christ I’m so scared and I just want my period to show up already. The panic and stress is probably delaying it cause it’s happened before by five days but I’m so scared. Pregnancy is a big fear of mine and I really don’t like kids. My boyfriend is so calm and supportive about it and he has confidence that we’re safe. I just don’t know how to get through this agonizing process. I’m already a very anxious person and am always stress about the teeniest things. So something big like this is bringing on stress that’s way too unhealthy. As I type this all out now, it doesn’t sound as severe but of course my mind tricks me into these thoughts. The only time I’ve felt nauseous during this process was when my heart was beating too fast to function and my stomach was turning from the stress. If my period doesn’t come in five days or so, my boyfriend and I will get a test but god I hope it doesn’t come to that. I would feel that my life was over if I got pregnant. We would always use protection like condoms as well as pull out and I would always check the condom to be absolutely sure nothing leaked out. Ugh just sometimes the heat of the moment will take over and that’ll just happen and I feel terrible and ashamed afterwards. I’m really hoping my chronic stress and anxiety is what’s making me out of wack. I haven’t been getting much sleep and also being a college student at a vigorous art school doesn’t help my situation. I hope we all get through this hell :(
Stephanie97
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/ her

Unread post by Stephanie97 »

Wow I’m so glad that this is a thread!

I’ve never engaged in intercourses but have had SO MANY pregnancy scares and so much anxiety about it. Currently having it right now.

I just had my hand on my boyfriends erect penis but didn’t do literally anything else. Because nothing happened- I wasn’t even thinking and went to the bathroom and wiped myself (obviously).

Shortly after all the anxiety kicked in and has not stopped and I am now almost two weeks late for my period! Trying hard to focus on facts and not let my mind wander to things that just simply can’t happen!
Any advice for fears that are this irrational ?
gilfoylesgf
Awesomeness Quotient: my body
Sexual identity: heterosexual with a dash of bi-curious

Unread post by gilfoylesgf »

By this time, this thread is about three years old give or take but i still came here looking for others’ pregnancy scare stories to read so i could feel better about mine, so why not contribute?

I’m currently going through my first pregnancy scare at 16 years old, me and my boyfriend didn’t fully have sex but he put it in me without protection and pumped only a few times and i told him not too long because i was a little scared. Later we proceeded to not have sex but do other sexual activities, he came on me but not around my vulva. A while after that there was unprotected genital to genital contact again which made me worried that some semen could have possibly still been on his penis and gotten into my vagina, but i wasn’t too worried about it because my period was supposed to come about four days later.

Three days later, i expect my period to come, usually a day before my Clue app indicates, and when it didn’t, i immediately went into pregnancy scare mode. There’s no way i could have a baby right now, for me, that’s not an option AT ALL. I’m also scared of telling my mom (which i don’t plan to do) because i don’t know how she’ll feel, react, and i’m not sure how she feels about abortion, worst case she’d make me keep it and i really don’t want that, and i also noticed she’s been pretty depressed lately and i wouldn’t want to add to it. but i’ve been so scared that i’m pregnant, i keep looking up symptoms (which definitely doesn’t help cuz now i think i feel them) and looking up “how to induce your period” and “how to induce a natural early miscarriage” articles.

I’ve told a couple of my friends because if i kept this to myself, i would be freaking out even worse, i can’t hold things like this in. All of them said they think i will be fine, it happens to almost everyone, it’s not uncommon and they don’t usually turn out to be actual pregnancies. I told one of my close guy friends who is more “sexually experienced” than i am and he told me i really have nothing to worry about, although there’s a slight chance, it’s not likely. He has unprotected sex a lot with girls who aren’t on birth control, which he admits isn’t smart, and he has had his share of pregnancy scares with multiple girls who went weeks without their period, and they all turned out fine and just got their periods very late (he mentioned that Stressing about it will make your period later). This definitely made me feel better knowing that even a guy has gone through the same thing i’m going through right now, and in his situation, it was practically more serious.

Although i’m still going through this scare currently, i’m feeling better about it, my period is four days late today, which isn’t too bad because it’s happened to me before and i have also been very stressed about it, which can be contributing to the delay of my period. My anxiety has also been making me feel “symptoms” that aren’t real but i know they’re just in my head and i try to ignore them so get myself to relax. I know it’ll all be fine, i’m just worrying a bit too much.

But to help other girls out there, don’t stress too much, you’re not alone, me and many other girls have gone through it or are currently going through it the same time you are, and you can always tell your friends that you trust, even if it’s just a guy friend or your partner, and don’t worry about it (easier said than done), worrying doesn’t do you any good and could cause problems to seem worse than they really are, but if you really want to be sure about your situation, get a pregnancy test to at least know what’s real and what’s not and put your mind at ease or to know what next step you should take.
linxle
Awesomeness Quotient: Adaptability

Unread post by linxle »

My pregnancy scare was really recent. For the past week I have been paranoid about being pregnant. From my experience, all I have to say is that you should def. tell someone about it. I went about to tell my most TRUSTWORTHY friend first. Make sure the person you tell this to is someone you know will keep it private & someone who will respect/help you along the way. Also, I know it's hard, but try not looking at symptoms for pregnancy. I did so & I started getting paranoid about every little "symptom". Don't stress over it too much. Stress can delay period which is what most likely what my body did (+my slightly irregular cycle), I was late for about 4 days. I know it's a scary experience but it will be okay. Reading these posts really did help me feel better & even if you are truly concerned (& you dont want to be pregnant) think about the chances of getting pregnant. Couples who actually TRY to get babies are having a hard time, now consider your situation. So don't stress too much. If you are genuinely concerned about pregnancy, go to a clinic or get a test, maybe even go with a supportive friend. At least that was my original plan. On the day that I told my friend I couldn't wait & had to get the test done immediately, my period came in the middle of the night on that same day.
So... just have faith, don't stress, it'll work out. x
haikyufan123
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i can touch my nose with my tongue
Sexual identity: hetero

Unread post by haikyufan123 »

im the first post of 2020. anyways if you’re reading this and currently going through a scare you’re not alone and please please take care of yourself. i stressed myself for nothing and i caused so much unwanted anxiety and i brought myself so down because of it. please dont do that. i used a condom it didn’t leak or slip off but i was still very paranoid. my period didn’t come for a month due to stress and me not eating because of it. plus quarantine made it even worse and my sleep schedule was messy and all over the place. just do everything to calm yourself down because once you do your body can function properly and your period could come. talk to someone and distract yourself with a bunch of activities. my period finally came and im so relieved and happy and i hope you will feel that way too. you will get pass this. please dont feel ashamed or disappointed in yourself there’s always someone who will be there by your side supporting you! you got this!
rarazuka

Unread post by rarazuka »

Hey! I just recently got over a very bad pregnancy scare. I hope my story gets to help a worried girl.

I have bad anxiety which made my pregnancy scare very extreme. I had oral sex with my partner but he fingered me after ejaculating. This happened during my supposed ovulation period. I was so scared for one straight month. The googling of symptoms made my body convinced that I have all of them. So I suggest limiting searching. I even thought I had implantation bleeding because I had serious spotting for 5 days before I had my period. The stress may have caused that. I literally prayed to God for a miracle. The following day, I got my period after being delayed for 4 days.

I took pregnancy test five times because I was so anxious. I didnt believe the tests because of the case of false negative. However, they were able to help me temporarily ease my worries. I suggest, if it has been 3 weeks after sex, get that test.

I only told about this to one friend and my boyfriend. I couldn't tell my family because they are very conservative. There were times I became very unreasonable and grumpy because of this scare. I would get mad at my boyfriend because I thought my dreams were over. I'm really grateful he has been so patient with me in this journey. His re-assurance has been a integral part of this scare. Another tip is open up about it with the person you trust. Sometimes re-assurance is what you need.

Lastly, please know that getting pregnant isnt as easy as you think it is. Do you ever wonder why couples try so hard to get a child? So imagine you arent even trying. It's probably a NO. Hold on, there! You will get through this.
JOYY
Awesomeness Quotient: i think i am very king and generous
Primary language: eng

Unread post by JOYY »

hii everyonee
its 2021 and here i am with a preggo scare , :( i am 17 years and i did the hook up kind of thing which i highly highly regret noww. I didn't have the intercourse but he rubbed his d in my v ,there was no ejaculation whatsoever ..but i still doubt if there was precum even though he denied it . I looked each and every article on google and each of them ended up with a possible pregnancy . After having hell lot a stress and anxiety i got my periods after 3 days of delay ..trust me it was one of the hardest time of my life. A day before my periods i got up with a light spot of blood and BOOM and the first thing that came to my mind was implantation bleeding . I didn't sleep the entire night that day but the next morning i got my normal periods idk if that was the lesson that the universe wanted my to learn :P
THEN fast forward 2 weeks later i experienced headache and a sense of nausea .The worst decision i made at the time was to google ..as they had it very clearly morning sickness . Again a wave of pregnancy scare hit me . I took a home pregnancy test which turned out to be negative but still dumb me didn't believe the as the chances of false negative were high . I got into peoples stories where they were like "i got preggo even though i was on my periods " which increased my level of anxiety . I was not able to sleep , eat . duhh :(
it has been three months passed the scare i am still in a process of recovery ..like every now and then i feel i am having a symptom.
taking about the advise , what i learnt from this is please please please don't google all day long , what you can do is talk to your closest friend and discuss about the possible chances and remember everything will be good one day every thing will be over and you'll soon have a normal lifestyle .
coolrainbow111
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: Spanish
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by coolrainbow111 »

Hi! It's great to have this kind of site to rely on and calm down, the articles related to pregnancy scares are really useful.
In my case I did have protected PIV sex and I thought I was ready for it. In the moment I just didn't felt nervous or badly about it, I really trust my boyfriend and everything felt good. It was the first time for the both of us so I wasn't expecting anything in particular, just trying to see what we liked.
But then later, when everything ended, my mind started to play terrible games and endless "what if...".
My boyfriend cuddled with me and reassured that everything was fine with the condom, I even checked it with water and nothing was wrong (don't do this, I learned here that it could cause the condom to break and it is obviously an unnecessary freak out, because you will think it was broken from before).
Anyways, all of this calmed me down for a few hours. Another thing is that he didn't cum, in fact he cleaned himself before placing the condom on, and also grabbed the base of the condom to withdraw, so it never slipped or even rolled up. Basically we did everything correctly.
When he went back home and I was alone in my room, I couldn't stop shaking at this thought of being pregnant. Fear of being a disappointment for my parents, fear of ruining my relationship for this, and fear of not continuing with my studies. I ended up crying and asking my mom if I should take Plan B, which she smartly replied: "no, it isn't necessary".
But even then it wasn't enough for me, I told about this to my aunt too (she is a pharmacist who also told me that no Plan B was needed). I talked about this with everyone you could imagine, even with my guy friend who told me that his ex girlfriend was the same, and her fears never ended being an actual pregnancy. And with my physician too, who also assured me that everything was fine and that she would help me to get on another contraceptive method if I wanted to.
The thing here is that I have OCD since I'm little and my obsessions sometimes are bigger than what I can handle. And I came to understand that maybe this was a huge emotional deal for me, because in my mind this is partly what growing up means, and I been really scared of all the changes that getting older brought me. I had a lot of issues with that, since I'm an only child and always been the center of attention, so I think that other people's views of life are really affecting my own personal life. Plus, I used to have a really close mind when it was about this sexual topics, even if I knew how you could or couldn't cause a conception, I still thought that literally everything would make a person pregnant.
After three negative pregnancy tests and a period that came exactly on time, I'm still a little bit scared but coping with it the best I can. I asked for mental health related help and it was the best thing I could do.
I suggest these following things:
1) Please, don't enter those sites where people that *want* to be pregnant are giving each other hope, because it will freak you out badly.
2) Stop googling and watching those horror stories of people who still got their heavy periods or still got their negative test, that isn't usual at all and you will have at least a sign that you are indeed pregnant.
3) Please, if you are not pregnant don't Google about abortion centers because it will freak you out even more.
4) Sometimes asking constantly for reassurance in other people just makes your anxiety even worse. Maybe you could go mentally with yourself over the facts that actually happened, and not what your mind makes you believe.
5) As everyone here says, don't engage in those activities for some time if they freak you out that badly. At least I'm not doing it again until I have another kind of birth control that makes me feel comfortable.
Have faith and try to calm down the best way you can. I know it feels like the end of the actual world, but everything, and I mean everything, is temporary, even this kind of feelings. You will be fine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic