Help, pregnancy anxiety

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
Nox
Awesomeness Quotient: Physique and my love for arts
Primary language: Tagalog
Pronouns: he/him

Help, pregnancy anxiety

Unread post by Nox »

I know this may sound irrational but here it goes. So I (Male, 20) performed manual sex (fingering) to my girlfriend (Female, 20) last May 15, nothing other than that happened. I am aware that I had pre-cum but was sure that I did not came/ have cum. If I remember correctly my fingers were dry before I touched her. The next day she had her period
(May 16). I know that the chances of pregnancy given these situations are next to impossible if not impossible at all. But we have been anxious weeks after what happened (it was our first manual sex), and today (June 24) her period hasn't occurred again. Could it be due to the anxiety caused by the pregnancy scare and stress about school?, our body clock were wrecked for the past month (sleeping by 3 am and getting up by 11 am or 12 pm) Could it be that her ovulation is just delayed?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Help, pregnancy anxiety

Unread post by Sam W »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic