How to approach a girl

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
wolfcub
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I generally don't care about what the world says
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him/his
Sexual identity: heterosexual

How to approach a girl

Unread post by wolfcub »

I used to think that flirting with a girl was something that you only did after a few days or so of getting to know her, otherwise you come off as a creep. But apparently there is a way to flirt with a complete stranger right off the bat!

I already know some of the basic don'ts of flirting: try not to stare at them too much, don't compliment them on anything superficial, don't flirt further if she's clearly not interested, absolutely no cheesy one liners, etc. That stuff's obvious. I get what its not supposed to look like, I guess I'm just not sure what it is supposed to look like. What separates a flirty compliment from a regular one and even when to use it when you first talk to them.

I get the whole aim for a fun conversation part of it and was going to put that on my absolute top priorities list anyway, but beyond that, I just don't really know the logistics and fundamentals of how this seemingly subtle art works. If someone could explain to my dumb Asperger syndrome inflicted ass (that wasn't a slur by the way, I literally have Asperger syndrome) exactly what to aim for and how to achieve it, it would help so much.

I know I'm asking for a step by step tutorial on this whole thing and that's not the way to go about it, but that's just how I learn and do things. Even if I'm improvising something I still need a good idea of specifically what I'm aiming for. I need at least some scaffolding and right now I don't even have a foundation
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How to approach a girl

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Wolfcub,

I think this video (and more the links he includes on that page) from Dr. Nerdlove is a good starting place in terms of answering this question, because he breaks down what makes for flirty behavior and conversation: https://www.doctornerdlove.com/paging-d ... -flirting/.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic