How to gain experience

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
wolfcub
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I generally don't care about what the world says
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him/his
Sexual identity: heterosexual

How to gain experience

Unread post by wolfcub »

Ok here's the deal. I can be myself and not pretend all I freaking want, but when it comes to actually approaching a girl and making a good impression, I have no clue how to even start. I have asperger syndrome so I can't even tell what makes a good flirt from a creepy one. I'm awkward, my sense of humor is weird, I'm terrible at hiding the fact that I'm nervous and I have absolutely no idea how to flirt, let alone how to safely implement it into a normal conversation. I feel like having some real life practice would help me tremendously with learning the rules as well as build up my confidence. The thing is, using other girls as training just seems like using them, which I really don't want to do.

Is there any way I can gain experience in this complex and subtle art without treating people like shit?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How to gain experience

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Wolfcub,

This post is pretty similar to your other one, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread so we can focus on the other on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic