I’m thirteen and curious about masturbation

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Confusedrat
Awesomeness Quotient: I get really motivated
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They them

I’m thirteen and curious about masturbation

Unread post by Confusedrat »

So I’m thirteen and I’m not sure if it is normal for the head of the penis to tingle/burn when I’m getting “close” during masturbation I’m scared to ask my parents but don’t know if I should go to the doctor can I get any help
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: I’m thirteen and curious about masturbation

Unread post by Alexa »

Hey there,

First of all, I want to point you towards some of our great articles on masturbation that might help you out! Our intro article is Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation, and it's very helpful. We also have quick but useful answer to another question about pain while masturbating.

Having some kind of sensation before experiencing orgasm, such as tingling, is normal. If you have a persistent burning sensation, are you using lubricant? If not, using something like Husker's Corn Lotion and switching up your masturbation pattern may reduce friction and help with any burning.

Do these articles help/make sense? Do you still have questions about what you're experiencing?
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic