Is it normal to be itchy after masturbation?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
purple_triangle
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm good at music theory
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Gay

Is it normal to be itchy after masturbation?

Unread post by purple_triangle »

I'm nonbinary and have a vagina, etc. I touched my clitoral area for about ten minutes and now it feels kind of itchy there, is that a normal? It makes sitting a little uncomfortable but it's not unbearable.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it normal to be itchy after masturbation?

Unread post by al »

Hi there purple_giraffe, and welcome to Scarleteen!

I can't say exactly why you're feeling that itchiness, but in all likelihood, it's not something to be too concerned about. The skin of the vulva and vagina are mucous membranes (like the insides of our mouths, noses, etc), so they're pretty sensitive can get irritated easily by things like sweat, non-cotton underwear, too much friction without lubrication (whether it's the lube your body makes or synthetic lube added in), or unwashed hands. In all likelihood it should go away pretty soon, but if you're uncomfortable, taking a cool shower or bath might help.
As long as you're not experiencing any other symptoms (burning when you pee, unusual discharge), it's probably nothing to worry about and will go away soon! If it persists for days, or it's really bothering you, you can always check in with a healthcare provider about it!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic