Spotting while on Yasmin

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Re: Spotting while on Yasmin

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Just wanted to say all’s good! I got withdrawal bleed which lasted about 3 days.

I had another questions about taking the pill while traveling. I am currently living in Singapore and will be traveling to Japan next year. There is a time difference and Japan is an hour ahead of Singapore. My question is, if I have been taking it at 10am everyday Singapore time, so I take it at 11am Japan time (that will be 10am Singapore time) when I am in Japan? Or do I take it at 10am japan time (which is 9am Singapore time)?

Also, Is there going to be a issue if I put my pills in my check in carrier? I am travelling with family so I don’t want to be caught at security with birth control pills. So I figured if I put it in my check-in carrier, that would be safe? There shouldn’t be any security issues if I check those in right?
Gone.Sorry.
not a newbie
Pronouns: required field

Unread post by Gone.Sorry. »

If you're traveling, the pill will stay the most effective if you take the pill at the time you would take it in your home time zone. So yes, take it at 11 am Japan time to match the 10 am Singapore time that you have been taking it at.

Typically, you can fly with medications in check-in or carry-on, but if you know the airlines you're flying on for your trip, you should check through their rules and regulations concerning medications. For example, I saw that only one month's supply of medication is permitted to be brought into Japan, so if you're traveling for longer, that may be a concern for you. As well, many people prefer to put their luggage into their carry-on just in case their luggage gets lost or stolen - though I do understand if you're trying to avoid your family finding out about your pills!
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Thank you!

Also, does it matter if I don’t take my combined pills exactly 24 hours apart? My usual time is at 10am, but because I have been travelling and work, I couldn’t take it at exactly 10am. So usually I take it earlier at 9.30am or 9am. Is that ok too?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho90,

Since it's the combined pill, taking it an hour or half hour earlier (or later) should not decrease how effective it is. So, you should be all good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic