clit stimulant gel or lotion

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
jstevenj
Awesomeness Quotient: happy
Primary language: english
Pronouns: steve
Sexual identity: male

clit stimulant gel or lotion

Unread post by jstevenj »

Looking to add some clitoral stimulation gel to our sex. I am looking for first hand advice on what has worked for you. I've read lots of stuff on the net but it's hard to trust some of the info so looking here. So who has used gels and what was your experience. Did it really enhance the feeling or was it a waste of money.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: clit stimulant gel or lotion

Unread post by Heather »

Ultimately, these kinds of gels (be they for clitorises or penises) tend to add a little bit of stimulation -- like a tingle -- but that's about it. And for some people that may feel pleasant, others won't really feel anything, and others still might not like how it feels -- it might feel tickly or too stimulating in a bad way. At the same time, they tend to be pretty cheap and so it's usually not a big deal to just get some and try and see if everyone is curious.

It might help to know what you're looking to these gels for, including because there may be other ways to get what you or someone else is after more effectively. Are they for a partner's body or yours?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: clit stimulant gel or lotion

Unread post by Amanda F »

If you get some, I recommend trying it out on a non-genital area first (like your arm or thigh) just to get a sense of how intense the feeling is. That way if it turns out to be too strong, it won't be super-intense on an already sensitive area.

I've tried the "warming sensation" condoms in the past (as the receptive partner) and found them to be tingly, but with the added friction of intercourse, it was a little bit too warm for me. However, every body is different, so you may have different results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic