Using sisters vibrator

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Debs
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Down to earth
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight girl

Using sisters vibrator

Unread post by Debs »

I know I probably shouldn't but over the last few months I have mastubated with my older sisters vibrator quite a few times without her knowing. Can I catch an STI or any other infection from this?

I always wash it with water before and after i use it.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Using sisters vibrator

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Debs,

Yes, it is possible to transmit STIs through sharing sex toys. This is one of the reasons that we often recommend covering them with a condom. Just washing with water isn't totally effective - unless you are sterilising it by boiling and not all toys can be boiled. That's not the only reason it's not a good idea to use it without her knowing though. You also don't have her consent, and it's an invasion of her privacy.

That's not to say you can't be using sey toy's. If you aren't able to buy something for yourself, how about checking this article out: D.I.Y. Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition. What do you think?
Debs
not a newbie

Unread post by Debs »

Thanks Sian,

I'm definetely going to try and stop using hers

I have tried D.I.Y options including an electric toothbrush but never found them to be as good as an actual vibrator. I will try and get my own somehow

Thanks
Debs
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey Debs,

Totally hear you that an electric toothbrush hasn't worked as well for you as an actual vibrator. After all, "actual vibrators" are specifically made for sexual pleasure and electric toothbrushes aren't. That being said, one of the most popular vibrators, and one that is considered the "strongest," is the Hitachi Magic Wand. That is actually a back massager! If you don't want one that is that strong, there are other types of vibrating back massagers--many of them work as just well as sex-toy-marketed vibrators, and so many people use them for that purpose! These products can be bought at a store like Target, rather than a sex toy shop where there is an 18+ rule. Let me know if you have any more questions about this!
Debs
not a newbie

Unread post by Debs »

Thanks Alice

Ideally I would want one that is more phallic looking, My Sisters is one of those rabbit like ones which I really like. But don't know where to get one and definetely don't feel comfortable speaking to my mum or sister about this.

So Might see if I can get a massager like you advise, Think I have seen them in shops. Can any be used for this purpose or does it have to be a specific type? is there something specific i need to look for?

Thanks
Debs
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Any sort of vibrating back massager would be fine to get. You may see ones with different shapes or vibration functions, but they should all be safe to use as vibrators - just be aware of the material they're made out of. Some vibrators are a hard plastic that can't be cleaned easily, and covering the toy with a condom can be a safer awy to use them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic