Bloody discharge

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Bloody discharge

Unread post by gatesy08 »

Does it seem weird that I have bloody discharge after sex ONLY during my 2nd week of active pills? If I have sex any other time in my cycle there is nothing. Sigh... getting tired of this worry.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Bloody discharge

Unread post by Karyn »

You've mentioned recently that you're all up to date with your sexual healthcare and STI testing, so it's likely this is just a side effect of this particular pill for you. If it bothers you though, you can certainly ask your doctor about it.

Can I ask, too, why you're still having sex when it seems to be the source of a lot of stress and worry for you?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
gatesy08
not a newbie

The sex itself doesn't worry me. It's these weird symptoms that have popped up.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I do think at this point the best thing to do, if you're still worried about it, is to check back in with your doctor. I know this is something you've discussed with a doctor before and I'm not sure if they'd have any new thoughts for you, but that's going to be your best option for figuring out what the issue might be, or if it's something to be concerned about at all.
gatesy08
not a newbie

Thanks, I am going to see a gyno today. Unfortunately, I am bleeding a little still from my period... I hope this doesn't interfere too much with his investigation!
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.

Unread post by Karyn »

You may have already had your appointment (and hopefully it went well if that's the case!) but for future reference, you can always phone the doctor's office and ask about things like this. Usually if it's going to be a problem they're happy to reschedule your appointment.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
gatesy08
not a newbie

Hi Karyn,

Just wanted to give a little update. The receptionist told me I was going to have a coloposcopy, but he just looked at my cervix and said it looked fine and did not do further investigation. Then I had an ultrasound done on everything and he said those all look good too. He asked if the spotting was bothersome and I said no, it's very little so he just suggested leaving it alone.

I feel good that everything looks normal, I just cannot get rid of this anxious feeling that he didn't investigate enough and I should have asked more questions. It's bothering me.
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Sexual identity: fluid

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi gatesy08, it sounds like your doctor is in agreement with what we suggested may be going on here (that it's a side effect of your pill and nothing to worry about). Have you done anything to take care of yourself and let go of your anxiety around this at all? Do you have any strategies you can use to relax and take your mind off your worries?
gatesy08
not a newbie

Mostly, I am trying to distract myself when these anxious thoughts and worries creep up.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english

Unread post by Sam W »

That approach can be pretty helpful, and it's good that you're trying to not listen to anxiety spiral. I know you've previously spoken with a mental healthcare provider. Did they give you tools for managing anxiety?
gatesy08
not a newbie

Yes. But I also feel that the tips are only as good as you use them. Which is basically where I would say I am right now.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

If it doesn't feel like those suggestions for anxiety management are working long-term, they will likely have some other suggestions for things to try. Checking back in with some feedback about what does and doesn't feel like it's working, and asking for other ways to combat anxiety, is probably a good idea.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic