Why can't I finish?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
vjt5
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Why can't I finish?

Unread post by vjt5 »

I'm 18 and I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months. We had sex for the first time 4 months ago and we've been doing other stuff for longer. He finishes most every time we do anything. He always tries his absolute best to make me finish, too, but I can't seem to be able to. What he/we are doing feels good, but I guess not good enough to push me over the edge? I feel badly because he's so self-conscious and mad at himself that he's "not doing a good enough job" pleasing me. I just don't know what to do because I am enjoying myself. I'm at the point where I might just fake it to make him feel better. Could it be because I'm on the pill? Is there something wrong with me??
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Why can't I finish?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi vjt5,

So, orgasm struggles are so common that we actually have an entire article on why it might be happening. If you take a look at it, do you see any things that might apply to you? The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum.

Too, it sounds like this is more a of problem for him than for you, since you say you're enjoying yourself during sex, which is ultimately way more important than reaching orgasm. And whether or not someone orgasms isn't an automatic sign that their partner is doing a good or bad job. Have you two talked about the fact you're still getting pleasure from sex without orgasm? If so, is he still mad at himself for "not doing a good enough job?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic