paraplegia and masturbation

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Isy
Awesomeness Quotient: I think i am very brave!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

paraplegia and masturbation

Unread post by Isy »

Hi!! I am a woman with a vulva, and i am also disabled: Complete paraplegia from the lower back, (Said without technicality, I don't feel from below the hip bone).
I'm 18 and it's been 5 years since I'm used to not feeling the urge to urinate or anything related to the muscles below. 7 months ago I am very happy with my boyfriend and I realized that if I can feel stimulated when HE touches me, but if I want to do it, I simply don't feel anything.
I tried with toys, and with vibration (it's what works best) but I never have privacy!! It makes me angry since my boyfriend manages to make me feel without the need for any other object.
I feel emasculated sometimes.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: paraplegia and masturbation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Isy,

It can certainly be frustrating when it feels like our bodies respond one to our partner and totally different way to us!

You mention that part of what might be going on here is that you don't have privacy to more thoroughly explore masturbation in ways that might feel better for you. Can you say a little more about what's preventing you from having privacy?

Too, can you tell me a little more about what you mean by this situation making you feel emasculated?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic