Cleaning after anal sex?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
2sea-of-ice2
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a pretty creative person
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: queer & trans

Cleaning after anal sex?

Unread post by 2sea-of-ice2 »

So, I know you should always use a condom during anal sex, but if the condom breaks or something happens that you get cum in your anus, should you/is there a way to clean it out? Like, I assume you should get tested for STIs no matter what, but are there additional risks to just waiting for whatever fluids to leave your body on their own when you use the bathroom? Since the semen wouldn't have any place to go like it would if it was vaginal sex - wouldn't it get gross?
Thanks!
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Cleaning after anal sex?

Unread post by Carly »

Hey 2sea-of-ice2 -- Nope, there no problem with leaving semen in the rectum. It will likely pass naturally with a bowel movement. Because of that, I don't there is a risk of it "getting gross" as that would likely happen at some point in the near future after anal sex. One could also use an enema to clean the anal canal and rectum. As it sounds like you already know, anal sex without a condom or a condom that breaks could be a higher-risk activity for STI transmission, so you should definitely get tested if you're not in a monogamous sexual relationship.

Hope this helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic