Male 25 ( Never Been In a Relationship )

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
staplesj_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm left handed: )
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: straight

Male 25 ( Never Been In a Relationship )

Unread post by staplesj_ »

Hey, so at the moment I am 25 years old. I have never been in a relationship with anyone nor done anything with anyone either. I really want to be in a relationship but I am trying to work on myself right now. I have faced a lot of rejection from women my age. And honestly, not having a lot of female attention growing up made me question if something was wrong with me. I always knew I was straight but women haven't shown interest in me. I've always been seen as a friend.

I'm dealing with a lot of self doubt that I can be a good partner.

Any advice for me ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Male 25 ( Never Been In a Relationship )

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi staplesj_,

It's great that you're going out of your way to educate yourself on how to be a good partner ahead of time! Here are a few resources from us that might help you out in different ways:
10 of the Best Things You Can Do for Your Sexual Self (at Any Age)
Hello, Sailor! How to Build, Board and Navigate a Healthy Relationship
Man to Man: On Sex, Masculinity, and Being Yourself[b

I also find Dr Nerdlove can be a helpful resources for folks. particularly men, who are struggling with self-esteem around dating: https://www.doctornerdlove.com/

Something else I recommend is to take some time to read, watch, or listen to media that's been created by women; that can offer some really important perspectives (with the bonus of exposing you to media you might enjoy).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic