Want to experience anal penetration

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Ryan7755
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm Creative and intelligent
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Want to experience anal penetration

Unread post by Ryan7755 »

Hi I'm back with another question. I've been wanting to experience anal sex to see if I enjoy it or not, but I am single atm and I am unable to get such toys for it (I am currently living with my parents) also I am Unsure about what kind of lube is safe to use for anal while also being compatible with Condoms/Latex. Some advice would be very appreciated.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Want to experience anal penetration

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Ryan7755,

In terms of latex-safe lube, you'll want to use either silicone or water-based lube and avoid anything oil-based, since oil-based lube can breakdown latex (this is more of a concern if you're having partnered sex with one, since there are far fewer risks if a condom breaks during masturbation).

When it comes to your toy options, this article goes into some ways to safely D.I.Y sex toys. Included in there is the option of using your fingers, and of you're just starting to explore anal stimulation that may actually be the most sensible starting place. Too, is the barrier to getting toys mainly privacy, since you live with your parents?
Ryan7755
not a newbie

Is there any DIY options for lube that is safe to use for anal? I'm worried using something unnatural would cause harm to my body

I have tried fingering but I can't seem to find the prostate, or at least I don't know if I touched it since I don't have enough experience to know what it feels like. I want to use toys since I want to know how painful real sex is going to be. Also should mention I have tried anal sex via toys in the past but It usually resulted in tearing and bleeding because I didn't know lube and was needed as well as using stuff that doesn't work well as a toy so I didn't enjoy it.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

So, if you're not using condoms on the toys, or you're not using latex condoms, oil based lubes are often the easiest to D.I.Y, because they include things like Vaseline, olive oil, and baby oil, and other oils you can find around the house (you can read more about them here: Lube 101: A Slick Little primer). That being said, you can usually find other kinds of lube at drug stores or grocery stores, and lube is made to be body-safe, so that could also be a pretty accessible option.

I do think it's important to mention that anal sex shouldn't be painful, period. Trying anal stimulation on your own is a way to learn just how much lube you need, what pace feels right to you, and what kinds of stimulation do and don't feel good, rather than on teaching yourself to deal with or expect a certain level of pain. Does that make sense?
Ryan7755
not a newbie

Yes it does make sense. Now I'm also planning on keeping certain DIY toys around for future use, what's the best way to store them for both keeping them sanitized and a secret from my parents?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

In terms of keeping them clean, if you can find something--a box, a bag, a large pencil case, etc--to keep them in, that can really cut down on how much gunk gets on them while they're being stored. Other than that, making sure to wash them before you use them is also just a good habit to get into in terms of keeping them clean.

As for keeping them hidden, are there places in your room that no one but you uses or looks in?
Ryan7755
not a newbie

I could put them in a box and put it under my Dresser, my mom doesn't check under there while cleaning
Carly

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Ryan -- that sounds like a good idea. Is there anything else we can help with right now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic