Ripped skin on clitoris?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
valeriaaelenaa
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Ripped skin on clitoris?

Unread post by valeriaaelenaa »

I went to the hospital yesterday to see my gynecologist for persistent vulva issues and for a bump near my clitoris. My gynecologist numbed the area using a shot and made an incision to put burning solution inside to help the bump pop since she believed it was a sebaceous cyst with no pus or anything on the inside. I started to feel very sore and it felt like I almost had rug burn but not in the area that she put the burning solution on. I checked my clitoris and realized that on the left side of my clitoris it's very red and almost looked like some skin on the left side burned off, but it was pretty high near my clitoral hood so I'm not sure how she would have gotten the burning solution up there. It hurts really bad, and I'm not sure how long it'll take to heal. I don't want to put any creams or ointments just in case it stops the healing process. I read online that usually abrasions or skin problems on the clitoris usually take 1-2 weeks to heal, but my nerves down there are on fire right now and I don't know what to do! I emailed my doctor and am waiting for a response, but do you know how long skin problems on the clitoris take to heal?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Ripped skin on clitoris?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi valeriaaelenaa,

Ouch! That sounds like a really crummy situation to be in, and I'm glad you already have an email out to your doctor; if nothing else, they should at least be able to tell you if there are painkillers or something else you can use to manage the pain. If they don't respond and the pain is continuing, you could also try calling the office directly when they open.

As far as how long this will take to heal, that's hard to predict because it depends on a number of things, including how irritated the area gets or how big the cut is overall. I will say that, as much as you can, try to avoid things that could rub or aggravate the area. That could look like choosing looser clothes or going for things with skirts over things with pants, and generally doing what you can to avoid movements that seem to really upset the area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic