How to prevent masturbation odor?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Jack S
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He

How to prevent masturbation odor?

Unread post by Jack S »

Hi, Every time I masturbate it leaves a smell in the air, even if I don't ejecutante and I don't want other people to know when and where I masturbated. Is there any way to prevent masturbation odor, or do something to make it less strong?
I tried masking the smell with air freshener, but it still smells a little bit.
Thank you
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: How to prevent masturbation odor?

Unread post by Carly »

Hi Jack -- bodies have odor, and there isn't much you can do to prevent it from happening. It sounds like your room doesn't have a lot of ventilation or air circulation, which is maybe why a smell is lingering. Do you have a fan? Maybe even an air purifier? Sometimes pushing the air around helps with smells, so maybe putting that on for a while could help. Whenever it's warm out, I suggest cracking a window afterward to get some fresh air in.

Also, bathrooms generally have decent air circulation, perhaps masturbating in there could be a solution as well.
Jack S
Pronouns: He

Unread post by Jack S »

Thanks! I will masturbate in the bathroom from now on.

Another question; does the smell come from the semen or from the body in general?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jack,

That really depends on the specifics; semen itself does have a faint smell (people often say it smells like bleach or chlorine) but if someone is sweating a lot during masturbation, then that may be the main source of the smell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic