precum pregnancy

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Caitlyn890
Pronouns: She/her

precum pregnancy

Unread post by Caitlyn890 »

Hello!! I know this question may sound stupid, but I'm really nervous right now. So I'm a virgin but me and my boyfriend messed around and he rubbed the head of his penis against my vulva for about 30 seconds and went in for 1-2 cm max. The thing I'm afraid of is we were both very wet (there was a lot of precum) is there any chance I could be pregnant? Should I take plan b even though I'm really afraid of the side effects? Please only serious answers <3
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: precum pregnancy

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there.

So, if you had unprotected intercourse/direct genital contact, which it sounds like you did (there's no specific depth that makes intercourse intercourse), there can be both potential pregnancy and STI risks. Without a full ejaculation, the STI risks would be the more likely risk than pregnancy.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about those risks after the fact (unless you feel or know there was a strong HIV risk, in which case a PeP is an option), but if you do want some pregnancy protection, then emergency contraception is what can offer you that. I'm not sure what side effects you're afraid of, as EC pills really aren't associated with many, but I'm happy to talk you through your concerns if you like. We can also talk about how to talk with partners to be sure safer sex and birth control are both at play with any activities that pose those risks.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Caitlyn890
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by Caitlyn890 »

sooo would you say there is a high possibility of pregnancy? :(
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

As you read up top in my first response, nope, I would not say that. That said, the X factor in these things is always your own fertility, and I can't take that into account.

But ultimately, deciding to use Plan B or not often comes down to not how *likely* pregnancy is for people, but if they want to risk it at all.

If you don't mind a very small risk, and EC also doesn't feel like something you want to do or can access, then there's your decision. If you don't want to take any more risk than you have to, even a small one, and you have access to EC and it's safe for you to take, then there is probably your decision.

I do think, however, it sounds clear you don't want to be pregnant, period, so if you need any help having these conversations with partners about safer sex and contraception, I'd suggest we talk about that. Often when people go without both, something will happen eventually when it comes to STIs and pregnancy. It's usually more a when than an if unless people change their behaviors, know what I mean?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic