partner always stops before i’m ready to

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
cbl1116
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: gay

partner always stops before i’m ready to

Unread post by cbl1116 »

my boyfriend and i both have vulvas and sex for us includes fingering. we’ve been doing this for quite a while and he’s only ever brought me to orgasm once and i know i’ve done it for him several times. the things he does feel really good, but he just randomly stops before i can finish. i don’t know why he does this, and i haven’t brought it up with him. i always want him to keep going, but i don’t tell him that because i think maybe he just doesn’t want to anymore, but i don’t really know. i want sex to be a mutually pleasurable experience for both of us, but i don’t want him to do anything that makes him uncomfortable. i know i need to talk to him about it, but i don’t really know what to say or how to word it. what should i say to him?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: partner always stops before i’m ready to

Unread post by Mo »

It's true that the only way to figure out what's happening here, and to ask for the kind of sex you want, is going to be to talk to your boyfriend about it. I get that it can be really intimidating to do, especially if you don't have a lot of practice in talking about sex or other sensitive topics with another person. I do want to specifically note that asking for something sexual, or saying "the way we're doing things isn't working for me right now, can we talk about it?" is a good and healthy thing to do in a relationship, even if the conversation feels uncomfortable or awkward.

How's your sexual communication overall? Do you check in with each other often during sex, or offer or ask for feedback on how things are going? Or do you feel like you just aren't communicating much during sex at all right now?
If you want some pointers on how to have these discussions, this article may be helpful: Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic