White ‘vein’ on clitoris?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
blu_envy
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him

White ‘vein’ on clitoris?

Unread post by blu_envy »

Hi, I’m a ftm teen who just started testosterone treatment about ten days ago, so I’m always checking my clitoris for bottom growth.

Today I noticed on the edge of the clitoris hood there is a relatively large, completely white vein? I’m sure it’s not smegma as I can feel it as a part of the skin.

I have no idea if I had it before testosterone since I never really looked at that area.

Please help if you know what is it and/or if it’s a cause for concern. I never had any sexual contact with others regarding that area, for information. And it hasn’t caused anything like irritation and feels just like any other part of my clitoris area.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: White ‘vein’ on clitoris?

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, and welcome to the boards.

Alas, this is the kind of thing where it sounds like you really need to see someone who can take a look at it -- like your healthcare provider -- to get a better idea about what this might be. Veins don't tend to be white, being filled with blood, and the vein that goes to the clitoris also isn't on the external portions of it (the hood and glans) that a person can see. But it's impossible for us to know what it might be based only on knowing it isn't that.

Does it hurt? Is it creating any kind of discharge that seems weird for you? If it doesn't hurt, it may just be that now that you have been looking at it so much more than before, you're more aware of ways it can look. It doesn't sound like you have any kind of infection or other illness to be concerned about here, so unless you can and want to check in with a healthcare provider about it, I wouldn't worry.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
blu_envy
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him

Re: White ‘vein’ on clitoris?

Unread post by blu_envy »

Ooh ok! Thanks for the reply. I was mainly just concerned if it was a sign of something serious. But ah well its just how my parts look like I guess lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic