Over-Sensitive Clit

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
pissboy420
Pronouns: she/they

Over-Sensitive Clit

Unread post by pissboy420 »

My clit is overly sensitive. I didnt realise this until becoming sexually active, only since around 6 months. I have always masturbated with indirect contact to my clit, using the palm of my hand and rubbing in a circular motion, and that has always worked fine for me. But since I started having sex I have noticed that my partner fingering me or going down on me is really uncomfortable, to the point where I have to push their hand/head away. If I had to describe the feeling it would be like something pressing hard against my clit. But I know it isnt my partner doing it wrong, even when theyre being gentle it is uncomfortable, but direct touching when I'm by myself also is slightly painful. Ill pretend I have orgasmed just because how do I explain my clit is too sensitive? In regards to intercourse, insertion of anything has never been a problem, and is actually quite enjoyable in comparison to fingering.
Is this normal? Can I even get rid of this? If this is important, I do know myself to be generally sensitive. I have sensory issues and am often overwhelmed by bright lights or too much noise. But I dont know if that has anything to do with my issue.
Will I ever be able to enjoy foreplay normally? I like sex despite not being able to enjoy all parts of it, and I'm worried this is something I'll have forever.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Over-Sensitive Clit

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi pissboy420,

Because the clitoris is so full of nerve endings, some people do find that, rather than being pleasurable, it's uncomfortable to have it touched directly. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you or your body; it's just one example of many of how different bodies will enjoy and dislike different things.

I think an important next step for you is to raise this topic with your partner, because doing so will allow the two of you to talk more honestly about what you like and need from sex. For instance, I hear you voicing a fear that you'll never be able to enjoy foreplay normally, but the truth is "foreplay" encompasses a huge number of things that don't involve direct contact with the clitoris, and if you talk with your partner about this you two will probably be able to identify some of those things.

When you think about having that conversation with your partner, how do you feel? Is there a particular element of it that seems daunting or stressful to you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic