Masturbation guilt and fear

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
yadiq
Pronouns: poppy

Masturbation guilt and fear

Unread post by yadiq »

As you all know, I have been experiencing anxiety with pregnancy and I am seeing a psychologist for it. She helps but she isn't always here to listen. Due to my fears, my boyfriend and I don't do anything anymore but I have urges. So I masturbated and I feel so guilty and scared. I feel scared because I think, what if I had sperm somehow from something I touched? and I feel guilty because I have a boyfriend and I know he wouldn't like me doing that.
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Masturbation guilt and fear

Unread post by Carly »

Hi yadiq -- I'm glad you've recognized that your anxiety about pregnancy is serious enough to see a psychologist. The first thing I'm going to tell you here is that you cannot get pregnant after touching something sperm might have been on and then masturbating. Sperm do not survive on surfaces for very long. They need to have direct, skin-to-skin contact on or in your vagina to cause pregnancy. You cannot get pregnant from masturbating alone.

And when you say your boyfriend would not like you doing that, are you saying that you think he would be upset to find out you are masturbating but not having sex with him? Have you discussed your anxieties with him before?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic