Dating/Friendships... Kinda?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Ira
Primary language: English
Pronouns: TheyThem

Dating/Friendships... Kinda?

Unread post by Ira »

Ok so this is probably a long story but stick with me here!

Please take note that I have known this girl for 5 years and we are close friends

I am 13 years old, my crush is 11 (Turning 12 later this year so we are one year apart) and we used to date for a short period of time though we are still pretty close. Before we got together I kinda knew that she liked me as she would give me hints like sitting right across or nearby me, have physical contact (nonsexual) with me at times, (she isn't a big fan of physical touch so this was a big step for the both of us, I do not initiate the contact aside from play fighting and small pats on the shoulder) and more. Now that our school is over she's been over at my house more often and I've noticed that she's doing it again except more "discreet," but it didn't take long for me to notice and then for my lil sis to notice as well and think that we are dating. (We corrected her but she isn't believing us) To be honest I'm perfectly fine with the unusual affection but how do I sneakily bring this up to her without bringing it up? Should I try and copy her actions and see what she does? Is it possible that she likes me back again? Also please don't mind if there's grammar mistakes, this was made at like 1 AM
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Dating/Friendships... Kinda?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Ira,

Copying or reciprocating her actions may give you some information, but honestly the most effective thing would be to ask her if she means something flirtatious or romantic by it. Too, since this is someone you have a crush on, what if asked her out? When you think about asking her outright, how does that feel?
Ira

Unread post by Ira »

I might try slowly doing that and see what happens, as for the asking out (she’s bisexual btw)I’ve already tried back in February and she rejected me and currently she has a crush on this other guy so I think I’ll wait until she gives me some info
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

Yeah, in that case it's best to be subtle at first, because you don't want to make her uncomfortable or put her in a tough position if she turned you down a few months ago and you ask again. Perhaps also wait it out a bit, if she's showing signs she likes you then you can let it develop naturally and see if she brings it up at some point. How does that sound?
Ira

Unread post by Ira »

That seems like a good idea, when I first confessed it was in a game of truth or dare (she had asked me the question) so I’ll see what happens, thank you!! <33
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic