Discomfort while masturbating

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Paradox_xodaraP
Awesomeness Quotient: My writing, I guess?
Primary language: English
Pronouns: My pronouns are fluid, please ask!
Sexual identity: Omnisexual - Angled-Aroace

Discomfort while masturbating

Unread post by Paradox_xodaraP »

Okay, hi! I'm unsure how to explain this, I am AFAB and the easiest way to say this is that masturbation is painful. Rubbing, fingering, messing around up top, anything that should most likely feel good feels either painful, uncomfortable, or like nothing at all.
I'm not sure why this is, all I know is that whenever things are turning I can't do anything about it and just have to wait it out.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Discomfort while masturbating

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Paradox_xodaraP,

Ouch, that sounds really frustrating! Just to make sure I'm covering my advice bases, are you using lube when you try to masturbate? And do you notice a similar kind of pain when you have to do something like insert a menstrual product?
Paradox_xodaraP
Awesomeness Quotient: My writing, I guess?
Primary language: English
Pronouns: My pronouns are fluid, please ask!
Sexual identity: Omnisexual - Angled-Aroace

Unread post by Paradox_xodaraP »

Yeah, I've always used just over the line of what might be considered too much, and I've tried different types. Water-based, oil-based and silicone-based lubes all get the same response as above. And, yes, a very similar pain was apparent the few times I've tried tampons.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it, thanks for those details! Have you ever spoken with a sexual healthcare provider about this (or in general)? If not, that's a possible next step, because it could help you figure out if there's an underlying, physical cause behind some of that pain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic