Can’t find my clit

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
ellej2714
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Can’t find my clit

Unread post by ellej2714 »

So, just for background: I’m 16f, and have only been actually trying to masturbate for about a month now. I’m really really dry always which makes it hard to “look” around for things with my hands because it’s uncomfortable, and just my whole vulva area is very small so I can’t see a lot of things that I’ve seen in diagrams. I’ve also tried using a mirror but I still can’t find it (the clit). The first thing I can see at the very top of the area is a sort of ball shaped thing under skin that doesn’t really feel like anything when I touch it, but I assume that’s the clit. The problem is I can’t get to it. I’ve looked all over that area and I cannot find a way to get to it, like actually where it is, not just where it’s under a layer of skin.
ellej2714
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Can’t find my clit

Unread post by ellej2714 »

Update: I looked again at that ball shaped under skin thing (the clit?) and I think I see where the hood is supposed to be (just above where the lips meet?) but it’s just…not open. I’m not sure how else to describe it but it doesn’t look or feel like a way to get under the skin to the clit.
Urna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Can’t find my clit

Unread post by Urna »

Hi, welcome to Scarleteen!

The clitoris is a very long organ, and most of it is internal. In full, internal and external combined, it's almost the same size as the penis. The part that is external is called the glans, and it is under that hood that you mentioned. Your clitoris may be smaller, which is why you can't clearly see it under the hood, but just like the penis, the clitoris gets swollen and larger when you are aroused, which may make it easier to see and feel.

Try looking at this article to get clearer on the whole anatomy: [url=https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... s_and_more]Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More. Let me know if this helps.
<3333
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic