Boobs

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Girll18
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Boobs

Unread post by Girll18 »

I dont know why but im really insecure about my boobs. I have small breasts and that really bothers me all the time🙂
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Boobs

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Girll18,

Do you have a sense of where that insecurity might be coming from? For instance, have you gotten a lot of messages from media, friends, or partners that there's a certain size of breast that's "the best?"
Girll18
not a newbie

Unread post by Girll18 »

I remember till i was in school as in till 10th grade i never really cared or thought much about all this but since the past 2 years as in 11th grade and 12th the size of my breasts has been a constant insecurity and a thought that bothers me. Its really not like im unhappy but i really feel i want 1-2 size bigger.
I dont really remember how and why i started having these thoughts but yeah some fun jokes some friends make bother me alot and also some online anonymous mssgs too.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm sorry you've been getting messages that are contributing to those feelings of insecurity. One thing that may help to remember is that there's no size that breasts are "supposed" to be. I really like how breast sized is discussed in this article: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... of_boobies. I think it might also help to read this section of our "Sex Goddess Blues: https://www.scarleteen.com/the_sex_godd ... ok_perfect

You can also think about buying clothes or bras that help you like the way your body and chest looks overall. The more you feel confident in your own skin, the easier it can be to accept the different parts of your body.
Girll18
not a newbie

Unread post by Girll18 »

Thats true .. when i wear skinfit tees it make me feel a little bit more happier i guess..
Urna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English

Unread post by Urna »

There you go! Wearing affirming clothing is always such a boost.
<3333
Girll18
not a newbie

Unread post by Girll18 »

Thanks alot♡
But one last thing....
Can you suggest me something which can help me avoid these insecure thoughts or maybe help me overcome this feelinh of hurting😶
Urna
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Urna »

Speaking from personal experience, it may help to seek out role models with small breasts, such as actresses, models, celebrities, or just people in your life whom you find beautiful. There are so many gorgeous people with small breasts!
<3333
Girll18
not a newbie

Unread post by Girll18 »

Yes totally agreed but i just feel having a size bigger, for them too😅 would be like an icing on the cake.

Many times i feel that yeah its normal i really cant do anything about this and i should be happy about it and stop thinking about it constantly but everytime something related to it comes up around me the same thoughts repeat 🙂
Girll18
not a newbie

Unread post by Girll18 »

Im sorry ik this sounds repetitive 😪
Carly
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Girll18 -- what kinds of things come up that make your insecure thoughts repeat? Does something specific trigger those thoughts often?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic