Pleasure Gel Not Working

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Bethanie
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her

Pleasure Gel Not Working

Unread post by Bethanie »

So I decided to try pleasure Gel for the first time. It says to apply to the clitoris and the sensation will start in about 3 - 5 minutes. I applied quite a few big drops and waited, but nothing ever happened so I just masturbated anyway. Was it me doing something wrong, was it the gel, what happened?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pleasure Gel Not Working

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Bethanie,

It sounds like you followed the directions but that the gel just didn't do anything for you. The tricky thing about "pleasure gels" and similar items is that they won't feel the same way to everybody, and that includes cases where they don't end up changing the sensation of sex or masturbation in any noticeable way.
Bethanie
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her

Unread post by Bethanie »

Thanks Sam! That explains it. Kinda sucks, though lol!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Just so it's also clear, most of these types of gels and liquids are meant to work in combination with stimulus, not all by themselves. In other words, they are meant to enhance stimulation, not be a stand-in for it. So, they will not typically tend to do anything all by themselves, even when they are effective. Instead, an "effective" something-like-this will just add a little something to what you're already doing. Make sense?

One of my favorite sets of instructions I ever saw for one of these, by the way, was a couple decades ago, and it said, I kind you not, "Rub on clitoris for 20 minutes." :?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic