Light withdrawal bleed

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Light withdrawal bleed

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

I have been on Yasmin for almost 2 years now and I am starting to notice that my withdrawal bleed is getting lighter and lighter. Is that normal?

I am supposed to get my withdrawal bleed today too, but all I had was some dark brown discharge when I wiped, which is normal when I have my have my withdrawal bleed but it wasn’t enough to fully fill a sanitary pad.

I am hoping that my “period” could be heavier, it just feels weird that it’s extremely light, like I’m not having it at all.

Should I assume this brown discharge is the start of my withdrawal bleed since I am expecting it?

Anyway to make it “heavier”?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Light withdrawal bleed

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho90,

There isn't really a way to make a withdrawal bleed heavier. Like your period flow, your withdrawal bleed can be influenced by lots of things going on in your body. Too, it's not that strange that you're experiencing lighter withdrawal bleeds, because that's a possible side effect of being on the pill.
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Is it normal for withdrawal bleeds to be lighter on one month and heavier the next month?
This month again I was experiencing very light withdrawal bleeds, which doesn’t feel like I am having it at all. I am assuming it’s my withdrawal bleed because the discharge came on the day it is supposed to.. to add on, I also fell sick on the day of my withdrawal bleed, so perhaps that could be a reason?
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

Yep, it's not uncommon for them to be lighter some months and heavier other months. If your symptoms are the same as common menstruation symptoms, that would explain that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic