First vibrator part two

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
sunsatellite
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Lesbian

First vibrator part two

Unread post by sunsatellite »

Sorry for posting here twice in a row but I’ve recently done some thinking and decided to just bite the bullet (pun not intended) and buy myself a vibrator. I have my own debit card but ideally don’t want to spend more than 50 bucks on one but if it’ll last me awhile and is good quality id be willing to shell out more. Hiding it isn’t a big issue I’ll probably just put it behind my books in my bookshelf (which my family doesn’t touch) or at the bottom of a drawer (under undies and socks). ‼️(IF YOU DO NOT WANT OR NEED BACKSTORY START READING HERE)‼️What I’m here to ask if does anyone have personal experience with any of the following websites: dame, maude, lovehoney, babeland, or unbound? (After this point it’s just me being an analytic weirdo so feel free to skip here or go ahead and comment). I have a bunch of vibrators in consideration (all of them are bullets or smallish/palm sized so nothing too complicated) but to weed some out I’m judging based on the following criteria: stealth (noise, extra points if it comes with a bag or box to hold it in), branding (does the box or transaction explicitly state vibrator/sex toy or is it discreet), diversity (does it have modes? I like options), and vibes (aesthetics and colors, I like purple). Right now I’ll be evaluating just brands to weed some out bc I have a looooot of actual vibrator options. Personal opinions, recommendations, and experiences are super appreciated. I can also update if anyone is interested in my solo player journey lmao.
sunsatellite
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Re: First vibrator part two

Unread post by sunsatellite »

Update: I’ve checked legality and it seems to be legal for the most part but I’ve had to rule out a few places that specifically state 18+ so the only brands left are Maude, dame, sweet vibes, lovehoney, and unbound. (I added one brand that I missed before)
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: First vibrator part two

Unread post by Siân »

Hi sunsatellite.

Individual preferences vary so I'm not going to jump in here with specific recommendations - that's not really our thing. There are a bunch of blogs out there that give in-depth reviews of different toys! These can be really informative in helping you wade through all the different options and be able to compare on things like how noisy, rumbly vs buzzy, and body safe the things you're looking at are. I mention body-safe because sex toys are not well regulated! A lot of budget toys are porous materials that are impossible to sterilise, or leach harmful chemicals into your body so it's worth doing a little bit of digging and avoiding any jelly-type materials especially. Good toy bloggers will be transparent about whether they are being paid for their reviews, and explicit about only recommending body-safe options. Hope you find something you like.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic