Chat?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
loquat
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: any
Sexual identity: bisexual / demiromantic

Chat?

Unread post by loquat »

Hi there! I need advice on something in my relationship but I don’t feel comfortable posting it to the public forums. I don’t like the idea of my private experiences out there on the internet, but I still want an outside opinion. Is there any other way I can get help from here? I know I can organise times with staff to use the live chat. The normal active times are a bit inconvenient because I live in a wildly different timezone from Scarleteen home base. :oops:
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Chat?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Loquat! I'm glad you were able to make it during chat hours today! If you end finding it more in conflict with your schedule, let me know and we can work out a time to schedule one between you and either myself or another member of our team.
loquat
not a newbie
Pronouns: any
Sexual identity: bisexual / demiromantic

Unread post by loquat »

Hi Sam, thank you for the advice today! It's helped me a bit in re-framing my (relationship) anxieties. :D I'll admit that I'm usually not awake at that hour, but I'm glad I could make the chat hours today too.

If I wanted to work out a time to schedule at a later date, how can I do that? I know the site says that I should look at the boards to see who's online but I feel like it's inappropriate the clog up the boards with requests to organise a time. :oops:
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey loquat -- I appreciate that you're being mindful of the space requests could take up on the boards. I'm sure someone will chime in if this is inaccurate, but the boards are the best way to check in about some time to chat. Perhaps it would feel better if you just used this pre-existing thread and replied every time you were hoping to find a time? We'll be able to jump to the most recent response on our end.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic