sperm

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
heybulldog
not a newbie
Pronouns: him

sperm

Unread post by heybulldog »

hi
new to the site although ive been reading for ages
im just looking for some clarification
say i ejaculated in the bathroom and cleaned it up but mistakenly missed a bit could it be transferred by hand by wiping if a female in the house got it on her fingers by mistake and could it get inside if the female was in her ovulation window.
sorry for the long ramble its not a pregnancy scare its more im trying to understand how it works
any information would be very much appreciated
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: sperm

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi heybulldog,

So, that kind of scenario cannot lead to pregnancy. Sperm are very fragile, so not only can't they survive for all that long outside the body, they also can't survive being moved from place to place in the way you're describing. If you're curious, these two articles explain more about what conditions sperm actually need to survive and what is actually needed for a pregnancy to occur: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?, Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
heybulldog
not a newbie

thank you so much for the quick reply
ive read those articles but as i suffer from OCD these thoughts still pop into my head every now and again
the bit that i keep coming back to is wiping outside as it says semen outside could make its way in its its fresh
what is the definition of fresh in this case does that mean wet and warm
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

"Fresh" means the semen was just ejaculated. Too, the only instance in which semen being wiped on the vulva could lead to pregnancy was if someone ejaculated onto a hand and then immediately and deliberately placed the ejaculate on or in the vagina/vulva. But sperm, even if they're recently ejaculated, just can't survive being moved from penis to hand to toilet sea (or any other object) to vagina.

Since it sounds like you know this is connected to your OCD, are you currently receiving any kind of support around your diagnosis, like counseling or medication?
heybulldog
not a newbie

im currently seeking help just now and im waiting to be told about medication
thanks again for your help ive been here before but this time it seems worse
i just need to try and get my head round the fact its impossible for sperm to be effective after all that
Latha
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Heybulldog

I know it can be difficult to just stop worrying about this kind of thing. Keep reminding yourself of the facts when these thoughts come up, and be patient with yourself. It's great that you're seeking help! With time and support from things like therapy and medication, this will get easier.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic