I have blood in my pee?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

I have blood in my pee?

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hi there,

I know this isn’t a platform for medical advise but the clinic isn’t open till Tuesday as tomorrow is a public holiday here and I think I need some thoughts about what my situation is.

So I started having this weird sensation when peeing like I am unable to express my bladder fully and having the feeling of needing to use the restroom all the time. And when I go, sometimes there isn’t anything. This started yesterday and I felt it as is as I thought it would get better on its own. Today, after peeing i saw fresh blood in the toilet bowl and it’s quite a lot? Like a few droplets and when I wipe, there is blood too.

I had my withdrawal bleed on 31 July, up until 3 august. I had sex on 6 and 7 august, and 7 august was when i felt weird and 8 august started to bleed a little.

What do you think this is? Trying not to worry here but it could be a million things!
Elise
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

Re: I have blood in my pee?

Unread post by Elise »

Hi there Juliaho90,

As you mentioned, we cannot give medical advice here so it is best to go and see a doctor; whilst you regular doctor's office isn't open, is there somewhere you can go to access medical care on the holiday, at your local hospital for instance?

Your symptoms sound consistent with a UTI (urinary tract infection), however only a doctor should confirm this, and it is a good idea for you do this asap. Whilst a UTI can be treated easily with antibiotics and many people get them, particularly people with vulvas, it is still something that should be attended to promptly.

Also noting that if you're passing a lot of blood (like a teaspoon or more at a time, rather than droplets) then you should go to an emergency room (A&E). It sounds like this isn't the case for you though, just important to note for you and other folks reading here.

You can read more about UTIs, and some tips for avoiding them, here - I highly recommend you read these to understand a bit more about them: Out, Out Damn UTI!
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Thank you, I have made an appointment at the clinic but a slot isn’t available until Thursday.

I feel better now, and the blood in pee incident only happened once so far, that night of 8 August. I went to bed without wearing any panty liner and the next day I was fine, no blood seen. I’m wondering if this could be an abrasion from sex? There was a bit of pain during sex as I think I wasn’t dilated or wet enough. Though it seems to be a little late for that since sex happened the day before.

Could this also be implantation bleeding? A little confused since i had my withdrawal bleed just the week before? And I am consistent with my pills with used condoms.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm glad you were still able to get a slot, even if it's not for a few days. It's possible this was due to getting an abrasion during sex, but you'll still want to rule out an infection as the cause so that if one is present it can be treated. Too, remember that an implantation bleed wouldn't happen the day after you had sex, so that's not what this is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic