Mucus(?) discharges every time I finger myself?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
subjekt
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him (cis)
Sexual identity: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿feminine attracted?

Mucus(?) discharges every time I finger myself?

Unread post by subjekt »

I am male. Trying out new things... got into anal play and enjoy fingering.

Is it normal for me to not have any need for lube? I find mucus easily enough as lube, sometimes too much even.

I have not felt much discomfort, never been hurt or anything similar..

I tried reading about this topic for quite a while, but decided to post anyway..

I am super sorry if you found this gross or the question wasn't meant for this forum..
Elise
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

Re: Mucus(?) discharges every time I finger myself?

Unread post by Elise »

Hi there subjekt, and welcome to Scarleteen, this is definetly a kind of question that you can ask here :)

From your post, by saying that you are male, if this means you’re a cisgender man and have a penis, then it sounds like the word you are looking for, rather than "mucus", here is "pre-ejaculate" and "ejaculate", you will often see these called by the slang terms "pre-cum" and "cum", too. Or, if you are a man who has a vulva, some people with vulvas ejaculate and the vagina self lubricates - if this is a more accurate description of you, you could call the lubrication “vaginal discharge” also, but you might also like to use the other words from earlier.

With regards to lube, whilst you might provide a lot of your own natural lubrication that works well enough for yourself (which is not abnormal in and of itself at all), it is important to remember that using lube is not only for your own comfort, but also that of a sexual partner, particularly if you have a penis, or perhaps are using a strap-on or toy of some kind, or a finger etc that is entering their anus (which doesn't produce any lubrication of its own) or their vagina. Not only is lube a great way to avoid uncomfortable friction, adding lube can often add extra fun, you can experiment with the different sensations of slipperiness with the different kinds.

You can read more about this here:
subjekt
not a newbie

Unread post by subjekt »

By saying male I meant cis, sorry to have confused you..

I didn't mean mucus as in the fluid produced during ejaculation. I meant a fluid that is coming out of my rectum when aroused. I think it's the jelly like substance the body uses for lubrication during bowel movements..

Thanks for your reply anyways :D
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi subjekt,

Thank you for clarifying that! So, having anal mucus in such quantities that it's easily visible and helping in lubrication is something you should see a healthcare provider about, as it can be a symptom of a number of different things. Are you able to access that kind of care?
subjekt
not a newbie

Unread post by subjekt »

Might be worth mentioning that I am severely underweight and have been my entire life, but without any immediate health problems except not eating much (I just don't really feel hungry most of the time)..
I don't think the mucus situation is something I should be very nervous about tho..even if by chance caused by my nutrition. No need to worry about that I think as my health checks came ok not very long ago.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Did you mention this during your last healthcare checks? If not, then it's unlikely the things they looked at were specific enough to catch or eliminate any underlying causes of this.
subjekt
not a newbie

Unread post by subjekt »

No, as this only occured when I pleased myself and never in normal circumstances. It would become super awkward if spoken in front of parents. They would probably think something's up when I would tell the doctor and not them. Plus I guess Slovakia is much more conservative country than likes of America.
And I really don't need them to know their son enjoys 🍑 play if you know what I mean..
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

I totally get not wanting to speak to your parents about your masturbation habits. Do you have any ability to see a healthcare provider on your own? Or is your only option for them to arrange it for you?
subjekt
not a newbie

Unread post by subjekt »

Not really. I think I will try if I encounter any related health problems, but if it isn't serious I probably won't. Maybe it's just in my genes and has no real risks involved?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

The information I'm finding doesn't suggest this is about genes. We can't determine the cause of it remotely, but things like infections and digestive conditions are just some of the possible ones, hence the suggestion to speak with a healthcare provider about this. I will say that if you do start noticing pain or other symptoms with this, then seeing someone about it becomes even more necessary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic