Took my Yasmin pill late

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Took my Yasmin pill late

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hi there,

I have been on Yasmin for about 1.5 years now. All is going good for me. But today I was late to take my pill, I usually have it at 1030am in the morning and I took it at 830pm at night when I remembered. Is this considered a late pill? Do I need any back up methods like a condom?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Took my Yasmin pill late

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there. :)

With combined oral contraceptives, you ha e a 24 hour grace period before a pill is missed and a 12 hour grace period before it’s considered late. You weren’t outside either.

That said, combining pills and condoms as a regular practice — not just when you think you’ve messed up with the pill — is always a great idea because the pill doesn’t offer any STI protection and the backup pregnancy protection a condom offers can also give you extra peace of mind so you don’t even have to be bothered at all in situations like this. Does that sound like something you’d want? If so, so you need any help talking to your partner about that?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic