Dating/ hookup

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Charles 15
Pronouns: He/him

Dating/ hookup

Unread post by Charles 15 »

I am really shy in person but I seem to be able to communicate well online. I was wondering if there are any dating / hookup sites for legit teens. I don’t want some old chick who is 30 or something. I just want find someone in my area who wants to date or hookup in my age range. I am 15 by the way.
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: Dating/ hookup

Unread post by Alexa »

Hey Charles!

I hear you. It can be hard to meet people in person -- especially now, not knowing when this pandemic will end and needing to socially distance from people we don't live with.

Most dating apps have an age limit, as you probably know, and are 18+. As frustrating as this can be, it's important for safety reasons -- with the ages of people on the app skewing older than you, it's important to protect against predatory behavior.

That being said, being young doesn't mean you don't want/need/deserve opportunities to flirt and date with others your age! Rather than dating apps, have you considered online forums that can be more age-specific? There are Reddit threads for this, for example, like r/TeenDates and r/TeensMeetTeens. As with any online forum, it's really important not to share personal information with anyone you don't trust -- so don't forget to exercise caution. <3
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
samrolets
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: im smart and funny
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he him
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by samrolets »

wow i have been trying for a gf but never realized is there any more threads?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi samrolets,

If you're looking for more resources on dating, can you make a new thread so we can address your specific situation there?
samrolets
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: im smart and funny
Pronouns: he him
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by samrolets »

sure!
Itz_Paige_07
Awesomeness Quotient: My body and face
Primary language: English
Pronouns: them

Unread post by Itz_Paige_07 »

Hi guys So i need help. So me and my bf wanna have sex and were both 13 but im tight and my bf Penis is too big to fit inside. what can i do to stretch my vagina out so that he can fit it in
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, Paige. In the future, you'll want to start a new thread for a new topic of your own, but let's get started, and then I can move our posts to a different topic afterward.

Vaginas don't really work the way it sounds like you're thinking where they are permanently "tighter" or "looser." Rather, for the most part, this is about how things are at the time this is going on, and about how relaxed the person feels with the vagina, how turned on they are (usually from other activities that have gone on first that they enjoy before anything like intercourse), using lube, having a patient, responsive partner who isn't hasty or self-focused, privacy and a bunch of issues.

Before you came to the boards, were you able to read any of the content we have on the website about this first? If not, how about I share some of those links with you to give you some basic information and we can take this from there?

I do want to check in with you about the relationship you're in where this is or might be going on. In your state, it's not likely lawful for anyone to actually be engaging in intercourse or other kinds of sex with you in the first place, and since 13 is certainly on the younger side for people to be having intercourse -- no judgments, it's just young as far as things go -- I also wanted to be sure you weren't being pressured by anyone. Can we check in on this stuff?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic