Dating/ hookup

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Charles 15
My pronouns: He/him

Dating/ hookup

Unread postby Charles 15 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:10 pm

I am really shy in person but I seem to be able to communicate well online. I was wondering if there are any dating / hookup sites for legit teens. I don’t want some old chick who is 30 or something. I just want find someone in my area who wants to date or hookup in my age range. I am 15 by the way.

Alexa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
My Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
My primary language: English
My pronouns: she/her/ella
My sexual identity and orientation: queer, pansexual

Re: Dating/ hookup

Unread postby Alexa » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:28 am

Hey Charles!

I hear you. It can be hard to meet people in person -- especially now, not knowing when this pandemic will end and needing to socially distance from people we don't live with.

Most dating apps have an age limit, as you probably know, and are 18+. As frustrating as this can be, it's important for safety reasons -- with the ages of people on the app skewing older than you, it's important to protect against predatory behavior.

That being said, being young doesn't mean you don't want/need/deserve opportunities to flirt and date with others your age! Rather than dating apps, have you considered online forums that can be more age-specific? There are Reddit threads for this, for example, like r/TeenDates and r/TeensMeetTeens. As with any online forum, it's really important not to share personal information with anyone you don't trust -- so don't forget to exercise caution. <3
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team

Return to “Got Questions? Get Answers.”