Pregnancy scare with major anxiety.

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
lexikim
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m a smooth talker.
Primary language: English.
Pronouns: She

Pregnancy scare with major anxiety.

Unread post by lexikim »

I read a lot about women who had regular periods for months without realizing they were pregnant.

I’m 18 and lost my virginity to my long term boyfriend in March. I would say I was ovulating around 12-14th but didn’t realize it then. On the 13th, he slipped it in two times without but we stopped since we got paranoid.
On the 14th, we had protected sex and that was basically our first time. Out of anxiety, I just decided to take a plan b on the 15th.

Days later on the 19th, we had sex again. We started using condom at first but he was on medication for asthma so he kept losing his erection which made the condom come off(we tried two times). So we went on without it but it didn’t go in for long since his medication was too strong so after a few minutes of doing it, we stopped. He bought a plan b after ten minutes and I took it.

On the 27th of March, two days earlier than expected, I got my “period” which was lighter than usual but not a big deal since I still used about two big pads a day. After reading that people could still be pregnant with a period, I decided to take two pregnancy tests(first response) on the 4th of April and one(clear blue) on the 12th, all were negative.

I got my period on the 26th of April and the 27th of May. These were almost like my usual period length and heaviness. Just out of an anxiety attack, I took two clear blue digital tests on the 4th and 5th of June, both negative. And on the 10th of June, I took the first repose three pack one which were all negative. I also got my period yesterday on the 26th of June. All the tests I took were from the morning pee.

I won’t say I had any symptoms. If I were pregnant, I’d be about 17 weeks so I kept checking to see if I could feel the uterus but nothing. All I feel is itchiness and tickling on the outside of my stomach. I just have major anxiety and would love to hear from people. I am also not currently in the US, and getting a blood test would be very difficult so hence why I’m here.

What do you all say about this? I would appreciate some reassurance or even advice.
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: Pregnancy scare with major anxiety.

Unread post by Alexa »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.

That being said, if you would like to talk about coping with your anxiety around pregnancy risk, this would be a great place to do that! Feel free to make a separate post if you'd like to talk about ways to manage this anxiety.
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
Locked Previous topicNext topic