Anal play

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
SpaceRover
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her though I don't mind if it's smth else

Anal play

Unread post by SpaceRover »

In the situation that I don't have access to proper lube, is there something I risk/need to watch out for if I use sunflower oil and latex gloves for anal fingering?
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: Anal play

Unread post by Alexa »

Hey SpaceRover,

You can certainly use oil for anal play, and some folks do prefer natural oils like this because of its longevity and feel. However, I would *not* recommend using latex gloves with sunflower oil because the oil can degrade the latex, which can risk an infection for your partner. If you use oil without gloves, just make sure your hands are free of any little cuts, etc. and that you wash your hands before and afterwards for maximum safety.

We have a great Lube 101 primer that has some info on oil-based and other lubricants, safety, and pros and cons.

Do you need help figuring out how to access different kinds of lube for anal play?
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
SpaceRover
Pronouns: She/her though I don't mind if it's smth else

Unread post by SpaceRover »

Thank you for your reply.
So I checked the glove box and it turns out I unintentionally mislead you in my question, the gloves in question are nitrile examination gloves (not powdered) made from synthetic rubber as opposed to latex. So I'd like to know if the situation changes in that case?
Also, if the details matter, there is no partner involved, the question was for self-experimentation, I do it while showering and wash my hands (with the gloves on) with soap beforehand and (w/o gloves) afterwards.
The issue with access stems from the fact that I live with my parents and 2 younger siblings and the house is never empty - no occasion for non-shower related experimentation (and I also rather don't feel like talking about anything like that with my parents). This situation will be resolved by fall though so I don't think I need to correct the situation.
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi there,

Yes, nitrile gloves and oil are totally fine in this situation!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic