Have more than one account?

Board FAQs, help and general announcements about the boards for users.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Have more than one account?

Unread post by Heather »

Just a reminder to all our users that the registration agreement everyone clicks "I agree" to when registering makes very clear that any kind of fraud is not okay here, including making more than one account and basically pretending to be more than one person. That agreement is clear that it's one account per person here. In the event you ever lose your password and need to make a new one, we ask that you let us know you have so we can close your old account and you can stay in compliance with our guidelines.

Some people make second (or third, or fourth...) accounts, or come into another of our direct services pretending to be new when we have set limits with them on a previous account, as a way to try and get around our limits, which is not only against the guidelines you agreed to, it's super-disrespectful. When anyone sets limits with you, here or otherwise, the only right, respectful thing to do is to accept them, whether you like them or not. Other people do it to try and get more attention from us than one account would net them: also not okay.

Making more than one account can, and often does, result in your use of all our services being suspended, or in getting yourself banned from using them for good.

Please honor the agreements you made with us when registering, and please do your best here to interact with us in ways that are considerate, respectful and coming from a place of integrity. We make great efforts to do that with all of you, and as the recipients of free services from us, similar effort from you when you interact with us is something we feel should be a given.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
thinkmcflythink
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She, Her, etc.
Sexual identity: Cis gender, heterosexual female

Re: Have more than one account?

Unread post by thinkmcflythink »

Hey Scarleteen!

I wanted to know if my super old account, from an email I don't use anymore, is still in existence here. I have lost the password for it & can't log into it. I was wondering if it would be possible to have it closed so that I can stay in compliance with the guidelines. I thought it got lost when the site switched over to the new boards, because it wouldn't let me log in, so I made a new one. I think it's still around but I'm not sure. If you could fix that for me, that would be great.
thinkmcflythink
not a newbie

It shouldn't work anyway because the email associated with the account doesn't exist anymore. But I just wanted to check & see!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Thanks for being so conscientious!

If the old account you're referring to was on the old boards and not these newer ones, that's absolutely fine: the two board systems aren't internally connected and everybody has/had to make a new account on these ones. People should, I think, still be able to log into their old-board account on the old boards, just not do anything on the old boards. (It's not possible to access an old-board account on these boards, or vice-versa, because the two sets of boards aren't connected.) We did suggest that anyone who had an account there let us know their old username so we could provide continuity of care with reference to each user's history on the old boards too.

If there's a second account on these boards, we'd need to know the username so we could turn it off or switch your posts over to this account.

(Even if an email address is defunct, an account here or on the old boards would still work. You just wouldn't be able to request a new password if you forgot your account password, because that's sent to the email address connected with your account. Or, obviously, log in if you forgot the password!)
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
thinkmcflythink
not a newbie

Okay, I'm pretty sure it's just connected to the old boards but I can give you the username to make sure. I think it was thinkmcflythink4208, if you could switch all posts over from that old account to this one, that would be great and switch it off. It might help for you guys to know my history and stuff too. I just really wanted to make sure because that old email had been hacked into and the individual had attempted to set up social networking accounts under it and those sorts of things. I really didn't want anything like that to happen here!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Looks like your old account was on the old boards, so that's fine, there's nothing that needs doing between that account and this one you're using here. And eesh, email hacking... Given that you couldn't get back into the old account anyway as you have neither the password nor the email, I've banned that old account so that no-one else can do anything with it either. (Not that there's anything To do, as the old boards are archive-only, but still.)
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
thinkmcflythink
not a newbie

Thanks so much! That's what I thought too but I wanted to make sure, especially since I just applied to be a volunteer (yay!)
MattsGirl
not a newbie
Sexual identity: Bi-curious

Unread post by MattsGirl »

Hi Heather,

I still have my an account on the old boards as well (under same username : MattsGirl) just want to confirm, that's nothing to worry about eg. Getting a warning/being banned etc...?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Mattsgirl,

Nope, if the account was on the old boards, it won't count against you
MattsGirl
not a newbie